November 2014 Moms
Options

Formula Feeders check in 12/22

I know it has been a few weeks since we have done.  So decided to make another one in case anything new has come up. Plus there might be some new mommies joining the EFF gang.

How many weeks is LO and how much are they eating?

How is it going?

Questions? 

Tips?

AW pictures of bottle bonding

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker

Re: Formula Feeders check in 12/22

• Options
    How many weeks is LO and how much are they eating?  Riley will be 2 months on the 28th and she eats about 4oz every 3-4 hours sometimes at night she does almost 5oz before bed.

How is it going? So far so good it is going pretty well.  Kind of getting to the end of her growth spurt.  Thank God for the Dr Brown pitcher so we can just pour an ounce or two in a bottle if she needs a little more food.

Questions? I was gonna ask her Doctor when we go on the 6th.  Right now we are using Enfamil for Newborns.  At the end of January she is going to be 3 months.  So should we just get the Enfamil for infants at the time or do we need to slowly get her use to it? 

Tips? I would say the Dr Brown pitcher is a great investment especially if your LO is going to Daycare.  In the morning we make a pitcher of it so we can easily make her bottles for the day and then there is enough left for her to have the rest of the night.  Highly Recommend 

AW pictures of bottle bonding haven't had the time to take a picture...I need to get on this 
    :-S

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    Hi! I'm not new, just have always lurked. But decided to join in on the fun!

LO is going to be 8 weeks on Thursday. She drinks anywhere from 3 oz to 4 oz every 3 hours.

Formula feeding has been a blessing for us. I always dreamed of breastfeeding, but when my supply never came in and she was losing weight we decided to make the transition (she was 2 weeks old). She takes bottles like a champ!

Questions: Any other moms out there have LOs with reflux? Severe spit up? We switched to half similac advance and half similac spit up and it seemed to help, but we still have some days when it is pretty bad.

No tips from me, but hoping to hear some new ideas!

My phone won't let me add a picture but the one I have is of her with her hand on mine while I was holding her bottle. So sweet :blush:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi! I'm not new, just have always lurked. But decided to join in on the fun!

LO is going to be 8 weeks on Thursday. She drinks anywhere from 3 oz to 4 oz every 3 hours.

Formula feeding has been a blessing for us. I always dreamed of breastfeeding, but when my supply never came in and she was losing weight we decided to make the transition (she was 2 weeks old). She takes bottles like a champ!

Questions: Any other moms out there have LOs with reflux? Severe spit up? We switched to half similac advance and half similac spit up and it seemed to help, but we still have some days when it is pretty bad.

No tips from me, but hoping to hear some new ideas!

My phone won't let me add a picture but the one I have is of her with her hand on mine while I was holding her bottle. So sweet :blush:

My little one has some reflux. It usually helps if we keep her upright after feedings for about 15 minutes and the spit up and her fussing isn't so bad

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    How many weeks is LO and how much are they eating?    5 weeks,  he has been eating 4 oz per feeding, but would occasionally want more, so I would make him another 2 oz.   The last few days, he has been wanting more almost every time, so I am trying to give him 5 oz. at each feeding now to see how that goes.     He eats every 3-5 hours, sometimes every couple hours during the day.

How is it going?    meh....I wish there was a BEST FORMULA EVER.....lol.....we started with regular Similac,  switched to sensitive, then tried Enfamil Gentlease and we are still on that....but I am not sold.    Not sure if its the formula, or just him being a crab ass.    He rarely falls asleep eating,  he always gets so damn fussy after he eats.   He stretches and cries, and squirms....I have tried every burping technique in the book.....I rarely get a burp from him.     I have tried gripe water, and that seems to help for all of 10 minutes, then he cries again.  

Questions?     

Tips?     

AW pictures of bottle bonding   

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
    BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @mander82‌ what bottles are you using? I was having a lot of trouble with my LOs with Munchkin Latch bottles (which are meant to be anti-colic)... I switched them to Dr Browns and it significantly helped with the gas and fussiness. My babies are bad burpers and still have toots that could make paint peel, but they're less fussy. I also switched my son to Similac Total Comfort and that helped as well... I am casein intolerant (milk protein) and I think he might be too :/
  • Options

@mander82‌ what bottles are you using? I was having a lot of trouble with my LOs with Munchkin Latch bottles (which are meant to be anti-colic)... I switched them to Dr Browns and it significantly helped with the gas and fussiness. My babies are bad burpers and still have toots that could make paint peel, but they're less fussy. I also switched my son to Similac Total Comfort and that helped as well... I am casein intolerant (milk protein) and I think he might be too :/

We are using dr Browns already. He almost never farts. Unless he is pooping, he almost never farts. I don't know if his gas is really stuck or if he isn't gassy and it's just something totally different...
    :-/

Maybe I should try the total comfort, I feel bad to keep switching cause I am sure that could cause him issues too. :(

Me 32-DH 38

BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

• Options
    How many weeks is LO and how much are they eating? My girls are 7 weeks. They're both eating about 4 oz every 3 hours.

How is it going? Overall pretty well. 1 of my girls is on Similac Alimentum for milk protein intolerance. I'm thinking the Alimentum must be binding or something. She doesn't poop regularly, and she's a bear when she hasn't gone! Going to ask her pedi about it.

Our other girl is on Enfamil newborn, and doing great. Enfamil has a pretty nice "mom of multiples" program. I think they have other new mom programs, too. We've been able to score tons of samples & coupons which helps!

Question- What is everyone using for bottles? We've tried Avent & Playtex Vent Air. Choking issues w/ Avent, and the Playtex are a pain to clean. Looking to try something else.

@Dumbgurl04‌ I've heard about that pitcher, and want to try it! Thanks for the reminder :) Did you get it at BRU?

It's twin girls!! Born on 11-2-14!
  • Options
    @mander82‌ hmm if it's not gas do you think it could be reflux? My son is a silent refluxer (my daughter has it too but she's a spitter) and if they're laying down or I'm holding them too flat after they eat they cry, squirm and arch a lot. Just tossing out ideas :)

@mrsc430 I'm using Dr Browns - they're a pain to clean but they've helped with gas and fussiness. I have Munchkin Latch bottles that I'm hoping they'll be able to use at some point 'cause they're soooo much easier to clean

Since my LOs are getting pretty much on just formula now (only about 6oz each of BM/day :() I think I can be considered part of this group now :)

How many weeks? My twins are 16 weeks (adjusted to 6 weeks)

How much are they eating? my son has between 4-5oz every 3-4 hours... Though lately he's taken a bit more just before bed. My daughter has been taking 3.5 to 4 with an occasional 5oz feed

How's it going? pretty well... Wish I could get them to burp better (>_Questions @Dumbgurl04‌ the Dr Browns pitcher is worth it? I was considering getting it... Does it actually mix the way it's advertised?
    @MrsC430‌ where would you find out about programs for multiples? I'll take any help I can get :)
  • Options
    @KatieOz920‌ Hmmm... I don't know about the reflux thing. He doesn't really spit up a lot unless he eats too much. I thought reflux was accompanied by lots of spitting up? Maybe I am wrong about that though?

He always acts like he just wants to stretch out....but when you let him stretch out, it doesn't fix him....lol. I am starting to think it's just him being a squirmy little baby? Haha! There are too many variables!! Raising a baby is like trying to solve a math equation or figure out a science experiment!!! ;)

Me 32-DH 38

• Options
    @mander82 usually there is spit up, but if it's a "silent reflux" it comes up the throat (maybe even a bit into their mouth) but doesn't actually come out. I had no idea my son was refluxing for the longest time (>_<) once I realized it we started sitting him up for 30 min after he eats and it's helped a lot - we also raised the PNP and bassinet so they're on an incline as well (per our pediatrician)

Another mom posted this in another thread -->

https://www.reflux.org.au/how-reflux-presents/

If your LO had any of the other symptoms you might want to try sitting him up for a bit and see if it helps :)
    mander82 said:

I am starting to think it's just him being a squirmy little baby? Haha! There are too many variables!! Raising a baby is like trying to solve a math equation or figure out a science experiment!!! ;)

That's totally true! We always assume there's something wrong don't we? :)
  • Options
    @MrsC430‌ we tried tommee tippee, avent & playtex air. LO struggled with TT, I thought he did best with avent, dh & my mom liked the playtex. I was gifted the gerber cheapies (3 for $3) and my LO does the best with those.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• Options

How many weeks is LO and how much are they eating?  Riley will be 2 months on the 28th and she eats about 4oz every 3-4 hours sometimes at night she does almost 5oz before bed.

How is it going? So far so good it is going pretty well.  Kind of getting to the end of her growth spurt.  Thank God for the Dr Brown pitcher so we can just pour an ounce or two in a bottle if she needs a little more food.

Questions? I was gonna ask her Doctor when we go on the 6th.  Right now we are using Enfamil for Newborns.  At the end of January she is going to be 3 months.  So should we just get the Enfamil for infants at the time or do we need to slowly get her use to it? 

Tips? I would say the Dr Brown pitcher is a great investment especially if your LO is going to Daycare.  In the morning we make a pitcher of it so we can easily make her bottles for the day and then there is enough left for her to have the rest of the night.  Highly Recommend 

AW pictures of bottle bonding haven't had the time to take a picture...I need to get on this 
    :-S
    Do you use a bottle warmer if your formula is premade in the fridge or will your LO take it cold?
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD 11.16.14 :)
  • Options

@AlliJee is we pre make it and put it in the fridge we use a bottle warmer to warm it up.  We tried to see if she would take it cold but she was having nothing to do with that.  If we don't pre make formula we just give it to her at room temp.

@KatieOz920 I feel like the pitcher is worth it. Even when its the weekend and we are home we will make the pitcher in the morning and have it through out the day.  It has helped a lot while she goes through these growth spurts and wants more then 4oz.  Then we can just pour an ounce instead of making 2oz and wasting half of it

@MrsC430 yes we got ours at BRU

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    deevaswanideevaswani member
    edited December 2014
    LO turned 7 weeks old today. She weighs about 8-8.4 lbs, and eats 2-3 oz every 3-4 hours (except at night she will go a 5-6 hour stretch). She's been consistently taking about 15oz in a 24 hour period. I constantly worry that LO isn't eating enough. I know it's silly because babies will eat exactly as much as their bodies need, but I still obsess over each milliliter she drinks and track it like a hawk. To the point that I don't let anyone else give her a bottle because I can't not be in control. With everything else, I have a normal amount of worry but for some reason am almost irrational about how much she eats. (I know this and still can't help myself). It doesn't help that I read everyone posting about their LO tasking 4-5oz at a time...makes me concerned even more. No real question here...I guess more of a vent at how I frustrate myself over this silly worry. Ps on iPad so you won't see the paragraph breaks
  • Options
    gldnbearzgldnbearz member
    edited December 2014
    @MrsC430‌ - The Dr. Brown's pitcher is also available via Amazon.com.

We're using the Dr. Brown bottles for the preemie nipples. I was gifted with Avent which lots of people swear by, but I have also been told that the Avent stage 1 nipples are faster than the Dr. Brown preemie nipples.

Edit for grammar.

• Options
    meeshybeemeeshybee member
    edited December 2014
    How many weeks is LO and how much are they eating? 7 weeks today and eating 3-4 oz every 3 hours or so during the day. At night she is sleeping 5 and 6 hour stretches between bottles.

How is it going? She's starting to coo and smile which is adorable. I love it when babies "talk" to me.

Questions? Am I the only one who finds it getting harder? Now that LO is more awake during the day it's a lot more difficult to get anything done. Babywearing helps, but there's only so much I can do without bending over and with my knees squatting more than a little is a no go. Plus she konks out as soon as I put her in any carrier and I don't want to mess up her sleep routine.

Tips? I don't use a pitcher, but I do prefill the bottles with water as soon as they're clean. My dishwasher basket holds 5 bottles worth of the Playtex Ventaire nipples, collars, and bottoms at a time which is pretty much a day's worth. And I definitely do at least one load a day so it's pretty convenient.

AW pictures of bottle bonding - I'll have to try this soon
    Miney 9/15/10
    Mo 11/4/14 
    Wait, What?!? - EDD 11/1/19
    Mothers get 1 day off

• Options
    MrsC430MrsC430 member
    edited December 2014
    @KatieOz920‌ Our pediatrician's office actually told me about the Mom of Multiples program. I believe there's a form the pedi/staff has to sign that you send into Enfamil (they did this for us). I would definitely inquire, or even call Enfamil's customer care line. They sent us 12 of the 12.5 oz cans when we enrolled! Also, we get coupons mailed periodically.

It's twin girls!! Born on 11-2-14!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"