February 2013 Moms
Options

Is this bad?

Last night we had Christmas with DH's grandparents. They have a habit of just buying whatever they see that they think the kids might like (and this is all year long, not just at holidays/birthdays). DD and DS both got these super loud, singing, dancing stuffed animals. They are so loud I think DD might actually be scared of them (I haven't played them for her yet). We have so little space in our small house, and they will still be getting tons of gifts yet. I really don't want to take up space with fairly large stuffed animals that will probably never get played with. Is it bad to just donate them right them away? 
PCOS with long, irregular cycles
First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

Re: Is this bad?

• Options
    We have left things at their house before. I wish I would've thought of it this time. There was just so much stuff everywhere, and DH took all our gifts out to the car right away to make room. They seriously already have TONS more toys than we do. They also have a much bigger house, but his grandma goes yard saling every weekend during the summer and will buy almost anything. It's kind of ridiculous. 
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Can you take pictures of your kids with them before you donate? Then you could say they got "lost."

If you don't want to even open them, I have donated things before they were opened too.  My aunt got C a baby doll that was just HIDEOUS one year-- the same year I had told everyone I was getting her the American Girl Bitty Twins.  I donated the doll before it was even unwrapped.  And I was upset at my aunt because I had specifically told everyone not to get her babydolls.  So it was blatantly against my wishes.   

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options

Gah.  I hate these kinds of situations.  My mom is the queen of guilt trips so I could never just donate it right off, and she remembers the big gifts she gets for DS. 

I will say, when she buys annoying toys for DS, I make sure they get hidden most of the time, and then they go with us or will be out when we visit her/she visits us.  Because the buyer of such things should have to suffer the consequences.  Maybe keep it for a bit (can you keep them in your car trunk?), make sure it goes with you when you go to her house, and then when it finally doesn't show up she will be so relieved she won't ask about it.  ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"