August 2015 Moms

Pregnant and Paranoid? Post Your BSC Here

I had my 'I see the heart!' u/s today, so I'm feeling pretty good right now.  That said, I was feeling increasingly paranoid from the time I received my positive until seeing the flicker.  In light of someone's request for some funnies, and some recent threads that I've seen these past few days, I thought it was time for this thread.  Feel free to use this place to post your pregnancy paranoia.  Not so much a paranoia rant place, more a "Can you believe I [fill in blank; ie believed my SO's dream could have direct impact on my unborn child].  Ideally, you can look back at it later (or sooner) and laugh!  

Here are some from this and previous pregnancies:
  • I've known a couple weeks I was pregnant.  My period isn't here and my symptoms are kicking in full swing, yet I had to do everything imaginable this morning to keep myself from peeing on a stick!  Some part of me wanted to confirm before I showed up to my u/s appt, even though I know that worse case scenario, I'd still have hormones in me, so it would have been pointless.  Had it not been for running out of time this morning, I think I would have caved.
  • I think my husband somehow finds it a bad omen to throw away the positive pee sticks.  I think this bc he told me he still has the ones from kid1 and kid2, plus ...
  • When we were pregnant with our first, I looked out the window and noticed some gnarly giant weeds and even saplings growing where they shouldn't be, despite our grass getting cut frequently (DS was born in the summer).  When I questioned my husband, he said he was afraid/concerned it'd be bad for our little bean to cut out these 'baby' trees/flowers.  I agreed!  Yes, they came down soon after DS's birth!
  • I'm constantly peeing.  As you are probably well aware, this is a pregnancy symptom.  It helps confirm my pregnancy.  And yet, I can't help wiping multiple times to confirm there's no blood.  FTR: I bled through my first two trimesters with DD, but still, I drive myself nuts with this.
  • I can't keep from looking in the mirror and trying to convince myself that the bloat/fat I've gained from the MASSIVE amounts of food I've been consuming lately is an expanded ute and that I'm showing early.  I'm almost, but not even 6 wks yet, people.  We both know the truth. :-P
  • I don't like anything touching my stomach for some paranoid fear that it could crush my growing child.  Umm Earth to me, please come in  lol
  • I realize that the skin products I use are probably fine, but I'm building myself up to go buy baby shampoo and body wash to use it on myself.  Really?  Yes *sigh* really. 
I could go on, but I'd rather read some of yours. ;-)
About Me: My Aug15 BMB Intro
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers beach
Aug 15 BMB Jan Siggy Challenge: Mean Girls ... tbd
Pregnancy%20ticker BabyGaga BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Pregnant and Paranoid? Post Your BSC Here

• I freaked out after sex last night because I convinced myself it would make me lose the baby. Poor DH. In my defense, it was rather rough.

I've also managed to convince myself that this is an eptopic pregnancy. I have a full ache off and on in my left ovarian area and an just waiting for it to rupture. I'm BSC.
    Birthmom to A, 1/8- the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao-Tzu

• Loading the player...
  • I'm a teacher to little kids 1-4. When they see me they literally jump at me to hug me. I ALWAYS do a little step back because in the back of my mind I don't want the baby to get hurt. Haha. I know, I know BSC.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH and I haven't had close to as much sexy time as we usually do since I got a positive. I blame it of exhaustion, and the fact that I feel nauseous and blah all then time. Really in the back if my mind I have an irrational fear that I'm going to loose this baby, and we would somehow cause it. I know this is not the case, but I am having a hard time convincing myself otherwise.

@Annabananabom‌ I sleep on a heat in pad. Did all winter with DD too. Never once did it cross my mind with her, but I find myself paranoid I'll cook this one. 8-}

We saw a beautiful heartbeat on Monday and beans measured perfectly against my O date. However my MMC happened sometime within the seventh week. So I'm no longer satisfied. Next ultrasound is New Years Eve at 9 weeks. Maybe that one will curve my crazy.

My D&E was 8/4/14 Beans EDD is 8/4/15. Sign? Or coincidence?

I'll stop now.

DH & I are both 28    Together: 12 years    Married: 09/24/2011

BFP#1: January '12 - DD1 09/16/2012

Preterm labor 31 weeks. Monitored for Hellp and diagnosed with oligohydramnios July '12

BFP #2: 06/25 - EDD 03/05/15 MMC confirmed 8/1 - D&E 8/4 retained tissue discovered 8/20

BFP #3 11/24 - 12/15 Heartbeat detected - DD2 07/29/15

• Glad I'm not the only one obsessively wiping!

Also finding it hard to differentiate between cramps and gas bubbles shifting so of course they are cramps and I'm losing it and need to go check for blood.

Ugh, go away, crazy!

August 2015 January Siggy Challenge - Mean Girls

BabyFruit Ticker

• Me: "Jesus Christ, these jeans HAVE to be squishing the baby to death, right? Right?!?"

Also, the checking the TP when I pee? Oh yeah. It feels like a small victory every time there isn't blood on it. It's felt that way ever since the day of the IUI. And there hasn't been blood once.

And this, those can't be gas pains! It must be ectopic or something!
  • I'm with all of you on the wiping excessively and the gas or cramps game! It's crazy . I also have yet to throw away my 2 positive HPTs, they're still sitting on my counter. I'm not sure what I'll do with them but it seems like bad luck to throw away my first ever BFPs.
  • lol sorry to bring up an old post, but insanity loves company - thanks everyone for sharing.  @laurendemi, looking everything up is the worst! I thought I had learned all I could with kid1 and kid2 (this makes me think "thing1 and thing2" from cat and the hat lol) .... anyway, it looks like there's still more out there to freak you out.  @caralinagirl2014 i, too, was convincing myself of (and trying to talk myself out of believing) various complications, including ectopic.  i googled that a shoulder pain could be a symptom of ectopic pregnancy and calmed myself with that - no shoulder pain.  hth!  @dkizzire82, I find myself doing this with my own kids *sigh*, @stemi, the thigh thing is funny!, @goulja1, I've almost stopped wearing jeans now 
  • @panaricana‌ haha that's awesome. I'm only 5 weeks. Is 5 weeks too early for one of those band things?! I basically have to wear jeans to work. That or dress pants and that shit is not happening. It's gonna be a long 9 months.
  • @goulja - not too early if it feels right!  I was 4 weeks and couldn't (still can't) stand anything rubbing/putting pressure against my belly.  I even grimace/grin when my kids kiss the belly, depending on how and where they kiss.  I put on my maternity jeans the other day and it felt oh-so-good; apparently the complete antithesis to the granny panties I wore last night. *sigh* (tmi? lol)
  • FlurisonFlurison member
    edited December 2014
    My NP did everything shy of writing me a script excusing me from my wifely duties until after first us. This happened because I was freaking out and telling her that everything was too close (vagina, cervix, ute). I know this is insane but she said to just hold off on sex for now.
    Married 9/23/11
    BFP #1   9/7/14 MC confirmed 9/17/14
    BFP #2  11/20/14   EDD 8/4/15
    Baby girl born 7/22/15
    BFP #3 5/6/17  EDD 1/19/18
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/54d2f7

• @panaricana‌ LOL I love it! I just might have to stop by Target for one after work! I seriously feel like I need some comfy undies too!

• Poo pains or cramping? Poo pains or cramping!? Poopainsorcramping!!? Poo pains, phew.

This is me.

August 2015 January Siggy: Favorite Mean Girl

*BFP #1 9/10/11 Natural m/c 11/1/11 at 11 weeks, 5 days*
    *Diagnosed as unexplained infertility*
    *BFP #2 12/6/14 after IUI#2 Hopeful! EDD 8/14/15*

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Love this thread, it makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone in the crazy! I do the checking for blood when I wipe, poo pains or cramping, haven't thrown away my positive tests for fear of jinxing the pregnancy (even though I'm not superstitious), and not to mention convincing myself I have an ectopic pregnancy.

I also need to stop googling everything, I've decided it is not my friend at all and makes me more paranoid (missed miscarriage). I'm hoping going in for my first u/s will help with the crazy, but that's not for another 3 weeks!!
  • baggins1118baggins1118 member
    edited December 2014
    I'm also convincing myself that I'm having an ectopic pregnancy! 4 weeks, 3 days along. Pains in my right abdomen for the last couple days but no other symptoms. The pains are pretty constant but dull and radiating down my leg. No bleeding and so constipated. I'm in Prague visiting my inlaws and can't go to the dr so freaking out. My husbands at his wits end. Anybody experiencing anything like this?
  • What a bunch of hot messes we are. DH says I go out of my way to find things to worry about. I DO NOT! (Ok maybe I do.... ugh).
  • I've been waiting extra long between meals just to see if my morning sickness is still there. My symptoms have faded a bit... so ofc it has to be a missed miscarriage, not my hormones balancing out... or any other normal reason.

I'm pretty ashamed. Lol
    Married the love of my life: 11/12/2009
    1st BFP ever : 11/19/2014
    1/9/2015 our miracle baby was welcomed in heaven.
    BFP #2 : 4/21/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My pee stick turned positive too fast, and now I'm paranoid it's twins, because super fast positive + MS showing up a week earlier than last time= I'm obviously knocked up twice.

I'm ready for my appointment in a week to calm my nerves back to just remembering that every pregnancy is different, and an US to prove there's only one uterus inhabitant.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • laxdixdar said:

I've been waiting extra long between meals just to see if my morning sickness is still there. My symptoms have faded a bit... so ofc it has to be a missed miscarriage, not my hormones balancing out... or any other normal reason.

I'm pretty ashamed. Lol

I feel ya! My boobs have stopped hurting for the most part and it has freaked me out so bad! I've had nausea today, but not sure if it's MS or from anxiety. I'm approx 8 weeks, 2 days and am paranoid I'm gonna have a MMC!
  • lol these are funny ... and I've been there and done that on so many of them!  Here's a new one.  I'm only 6 wks along.  This week I'm visiting family for the holidays.  They have stairs; we don't.  Still, I climb stairs whenever possible, so it's not like stairs should be a big deal.  And yet, I've suddenly developed the habit of grabbing my belly as I plod down the steps.  What?  Seriously?  The baby is not going to fall out from my going down the steps quickly, and does NOT need the 'support' of my hand.  Hell, I'm not even grabbing at the baby yet!! lol It's just the bloat that's developed from this bles-sed constipation that I'm keeping from jingle-jiggling around ;-)  Ah well.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"