September 2014 Moms

**Working Mom Check-in 12/17**

Happy Wednesday!

How is LO doing this week?  Any milestones/happy moments/giggles you want to share?

How's work?  Is it getting easier as time goes on?

What is the nicest or most memorable compliment you've ever received?

Have a great week! You rock :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: **Working Mom Check-in 12/17**

• Happy Wednesday!

How is LO doing this week?  Any milestones/happy moments/giggles you want to share?
    Lil Bub is adjusting to me being back at work and (I think) going through a growth spurt.  He went from getting up once a night around 4am to waking up crying every 2-3 hours.  Rough, but I'll be on break for 2 weeks starting Friday so hopefully I can get through on less sleep until then.  He's also too long for his bassinet so we're going to move him to his crib this weekend.  When he's awake, he's happy and cuddly.  He's trying to roll over back to front and pretty much still just planks during tummy time.

I started back Friday and I've been talking myself into enjoying it.  Getting up in the morning is the hardest because it's so dark, but it's getting easier.

One time a friend told me I always smelled good and for some reason I always think about it when I'm getting ready in the morning!
  • How is LO doing this week?  Any milestones/happy moments/giggles you want to share?  3 months (13 weeks)  She's trying to roll over! 

She gave H and my parents a run for their money Monday.  I got home and she smiled so big and leaned for me to get her like "There's who I wanted".  I felt so good!

How's work?  Is it getting easier as time goes on? This week is rough sleep wise.  Monday she was awake 330am to 5, when I have to get ready.  Last night she got up when H went to work (1130) and again at 4.  Tonight we're going to the crib, she's waking up more when H does and it's making me resent him. 

I wanted to go home the first time Monday when she was crying and H couldn't do anything... I could hear her on the phone, heartbreaking! 

What is the nicest or most memorable compliment you've ever received?  I took E to get her picture taken with Santa and the lady asked how old she was.  I said 2 months, and she replied "you don't look like you just had a baby 2 months ago".  Coming from a stranger made my day, maybe year.

Have a great week! You rock :) You rock too @daisy1232, thanks for doing this!
    Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • LO is awful, we are battling with some constipation. Pedi is telling us it's normal and she is still having BM's 1-2 times a day, but she is really struggling with making those BMs happen. She cries and yells through the whole thing.  I think we are discovering our fingers though, because a couple of times I have caught her holding on to her own fingers and putting them in her mouth followed by a good long look at them.  We've also mindfully grabbed a couple of things too.  No signs of rolling over, but we hate tummy time over here and rolled front to back super early to escape it... I doubt she'll have any desire to roll to her tummy anytime soon.

But OMG we GIGGLED over the weekend. A full on straight up giggle.  We've only had a couple since then.. but we had it and it was amazing.

Work is getting HARDER, but we just had a management change, I knew it would. I'm just sort of making it day to day and reminding myself that I get to cuddle a sweet baby when I get home.

I work with the same people, but because of my old shifts I never really saw or worked with one coworker except for a shift change about once a month.  Now I see her all the time and last weekend she told me that it had been a long time since she had worked with someone who put in as much genuine effort as I did.  That meant a lot to me.
  • How is LO doing this week? Any milestones/happy moments/giggles you want to share? LO had the tummy bug starting Sunday evening so he was very vomit-y up until yesterday. It was hard to leave him even though he was with DH. He's definitely trying to laugh and he's had a few giggles this past week.

How's work? Is it getting easier as time goes on? It's been okay. My supervisor has been trying to get us out of our department for my whole maternity leave and yesterday, the CEO of my company announced the creation of this new position, which is what she's been pushing us for. She's said that it's a done deal and I'd be making enough for DH to not have to work. But I'm trying not to get too invested before I see an offer letter.

What is the nicest or most memorable compliment you've ever received? It was nice during pregnancy to hear that people couldn't tell I was pregnant or when I was further along that I barely looked it.
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• How is LO doing this week? Any milestones/happy moments/giggles you want to share? LO STTN the night before last!!  Yay, 5 hrs of consecutive sleep!!  Now we just need to be regular.  On the giggles end, she LOVES her bath and has the best time watching my reactions to her splashing in the tub, so cute!! 

How's work? Is it getting easier as time goes on? I'm super busy this week, so it's much better.  I feel I do well if I'm very distracted and the day goes quickly.  Still haven't gotten the energy to work out after, but I am going to try today.

What is the nicest or most memorable compliment you've ever received? I have heard from my boss that I had a supernatural gift for bouncing back after pregnancy, and that I don't look like I had a baby.  That was nice to hear!
  • Daisy1232 said:

Happy Wednesday!

LO is doing great! She and Grandma have gotten into a good groove!

She laughed out loud last night for the first time!! It was adorable and I can't wait to hear more! She has also found her feet and can't get enough of grabbing them!

Work is great. It has gotten a ton easier getting through the day.

The nicest comment I've gotten is that I look like I had never been pregnant. Even though my body is definitely different than it was it was nice to hear!

• How is LO doing this week?  Any milestones/happy moments/giggles you want to share?
    Little man seems to be going through his 3rd leap so he's extra fussy and not sleeping well. But when he is happy we're getting the biggest smiles and it just melts my heart. He's also discovered his hands and is grabbing/holding things. He had this little bear that he just loves to hold, it's so cute!!

Work is the same. Didn't take me long to get back into the swing of things. I still hate pumping and I'm still trying to streamline that process. I miss my little guy but DH stops by and sends me lots of pictures. 

I've had a lot of my customers tell me how happy they are that I'm back and I've gotten quite a few hugs and gift for LO too. It's nice to feel appreciated at work, especially by my customers.  
  • How is LO doing this week?  Any milestones/happy moments/giggles you want to share? I'm still home this week but he's doing well. Lots of smiles and chatting. This morning he did his first tummy-to-back roll!

How's work?  Is it getting easier as time goes on? I start Monday - I'm still nervous about how the timing will work out, and pumping since I haven't specifically discussed where I'll be doing that.

What is the nicest or most memorable compliment you've ever received? I went to the company holiday party and several people from my team said they're excited to have me coming back, so that was nice.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• How is LO doing this week? Any milestones/happy moments/giggles you want to share?

Still working from home this week. Two more to go. V is a little crazy. I think she may be starting her 3rd leap and won't nap well without being in the swing. I went in to work today for a few hours today and then to our office happytizers. I was gone for about 7 hours and when I got home she was crying in her swing. She stopped crying as soon as she saw me and was so clingy and cuddly for the rest of the evening. Makes me feel loved. :)

How's work? Is it getting easier as time goes on? I start Jan 5 and am also nervous about the whole pumping situation. Back when I was pregnant a coworker with her own office offered me her space so she can go take smoke breaks. I'm hoping that offer still stands bc the pump room is super far away from my office.

Mainly just that I look good post baby. It's nice bc I feel pretty Chunky still and its nice to hear that other people don't think that. Now if only I can get V on a schedule so I can work out regularly I'll lose the last of the baby weight soon.
  • How is LO doing this week? He's on that third leap so my poor mom can't really do much around the house while I'm at work. Any milestones/happy moments/giggles you want to share? He's starting to laugh now which is super cute and really enjoys his activity gym.

How's work? It's good, I'm actually on day 1 of winter break so that's nice. Is it getting easier as time goes on? Yeah especially now that I don't pump at work anymore.

What is the nicest or most memorable compliment you've ever received? I enjoy getting compliments on my weight loss since I've been working with a personal trainer.
    Together since: 1/19/09 Married: 3/14/09 Newest addition added: 9/7/14
  • 1. LO has been doing well except he has reverted to being really fussy in the evenings. He is typically really happy and smiles at everyone. He rolls over all the time from belly to back. He is also cooing up a storm.

2. Work is getting easier. Still try to relax during pumping sessions and I keep having to correct my class over and over but they are a sweet group. Christmas break started yesterday which is nice!

3. I do enjoy when people tell me that I was missed and that they're glad I am back!
    Finally! My September Siggy Challenge: TV Show I'll Be Binge Watching
    REVENGE!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic"

• Daisy1232 said:

Happy Wednesday!

LO started rolling over this past weekend! So cute!

Today is my second day of work (I work from home) nanny doesn't start till after the holidays. DH is home working these two weeks as well. LO kept me up all night then barfed on my face this morning. I'm so effing tired I don't know how I'm even alive. Luckily I can nap with him during my lunch!

Compliments?? It's hard to get those without ever leaving the house, haha. My boss seemed pretty thrilled to have me back, so that was nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"