August 2014 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• Options
    My sister shows up Saturday completely hungover. That's fine, not my problem. Except, she just left my house this morning. She literally sat in the same spot on my couch for two days. She wouldn't even play with the girls and when DD1 would try to play with her she would tell her she didn't want to. When you come to my house it is known that the kids want to play. Don't even show up all sloppy and act like my kids are bugging you.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I started a new med yest...it's helping but now I'm in a weird starting to heal phase so now I just feel like I'm going to throw up all the time and I go to the bathroom more often.

usually this isn't terrible i can handle this phase except today is my grandma in laws funeral about 2 hours away. I had to make a decision of try to go and risk not making it to the bathroom and having to drive home early or not go. Since its a 2 hour drive and the disease is still unpredictable at this stage i chose the second one. DS also said his tummy was hurting (it was ex weekend and the little girl who lives with them was throwing up this weekend) so I said it'd be better he stayed home too....plus he has really dark bags under his eyes.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH started whining after I asked him to hold LO to take her nap for the third time yesterday. Pretty sure he was touched out but I said I do this every freaking day, four times a day. I was cleaning and not just sitting on my ass like he was.
  • Options

These are my inlaws

This is me:

Lmao. I'm pretty sure the top one is my family and the bottom one is DH.
  • Options
    DH has a client coming over at 11. He works from home but rarely meets clients here. I was supposed to pick up sandwiches but LO had a grandiose meltdown at our first stop so that did not happen. I am hoping he is ok with getting Jimmy Johns delivered.

Also we are all having dinner w a donor tonight. It is 30 min from our house and not until 7 pm. I am afraid this is not going to bode well for LO who is already having sleep issues. However ...it's very important.

I seriously just want to stay home in pajamas and watch Christmas movies.
  • Options
    Both kids have had a bad cold over the weekend and last night my throat was on fire. I feel a cold coming on just in time for Christmas , blah. We were all sick over Thanksgiving too. I'm over it!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    A is out of reflux medicine. I called Friday to have it filled before I knew we would have none at all and the pharmacy will not fill it. It's too soon to have it filled and I know that's probably a precaution type thing but I really don't want to deal with him throwing up from his reflux the next two weeks.We are empty so soon because we have to mix it with his formula for him to take it and there are times he won't take the bottle we mix it with, even though he acts like he's starving and it's time. The doctor told us we probably shouldn't refrigerate it like we do his other bottles when he doesn't take them and then reheat them. So, we have wasted some of it because of having to give him more in another bottle. 

• Options
    Colds swept through our house two weeks ago. I took off to take care of everyone. Now it decides to hit me, and I don't feel right asking for more time off with the holidays right around the corner.
  • Options
    My bitch: my brother is getting a divorce.. This was initiated by SIL who has been staying out till 3am at least 3 times a week for months.. She says she doesn't love him anymore, they gave twin boys who are 3 and she is going to give my brother the house and they'll split custody 50/50. My brother does EVERYTHING to take care of the home and the kids because she is just plain absent.

My bitch.. She's still invited and coming to Christmas.

My poor brother. They're trying to keep Christmas normal this year for the kids.. But it'll be awkward city. My mom made me get this horrible soon-to-be ex SIL a Christmas gift..
  • Options
    I don't even know how many times I ha to re-insert the Nuk last night. Sometimes I love co-sleeping, an some times I wonder if it will ever end.

August 2014 January Siggy Challenge

• Options
    Peedy said:
    My bitch: my brother is getting a divorce.. This was initiated by SIL who has been staying out till 3am at least 3 times a week for months.. She says she doesn't love him anymore, they gave twin boys who are 3 and she is going to give my brother the house and they'll split custody 50/50. My brother does EVERYTHING to take care of the home and the kids because she is just plain absent. My bitch.. She's still invited and coming to Christmas. My poor brother. They're trying to keep Christmas normal this year for the kids.. But it'll be awkward city. My mom made me get this horrible soon-to-be ex SIL a Christmas gift..
    I have all the feels for you. My brother is going through the same thing but luckily she isn't invited to Christmas. He invited her to Thanksgiving and she wouldn't come because she said I never have liked her.  Not true, but I certainly don't like her now.
  • Options

My in laws came this weekend and I am surprised they all left alive. My MIL complained the entire time that she was cold and kept asking me to turn the heat up. First of all it wasn't cold, second she isn't 90 and third we had the oven on which was making the house super warm. My SIL lets her 20 month old run around and do whatever she wants and then I am the bad guy. She lets her run around the Christmas tree at home (which IMO is a trip to the ER waiting to happen) so she seems to think she can do it everywhere and since mine is in the corner she tries to climb under and around it and when I get upset because I have gifts under there (mind you they were way in the back corner so they wouldn't be in the way and the only way to get to them was to go way under the tree) my MIL response is I shouldn't have gifts out. Then I suggest SIL put her child in the pack and play with some toys while we are trying to set the table and get dinner situated because she is running around like a crazy person and she explains she doesn't use the p'n'p because she doesn't want her to feel like she is in jail. Needless to say they left yesterday and I thought I was all done with annoyance for a few days. I bring DS to the mall to see Santa this morning and the sign outside and online it says he'd be there at 10 we waited until 1030 and still no Santa and a fussy baby. When I got home I called about it to see if he would be there tomorrow at 10 and the woman I spoke to response was that things sometimes run a few minutes late. Since when is a half hour a few minutes? Is Christmas over yet?

• Options

I think this is more like Monday morning pity party for me but whatever.... My dad died 3 years ago on December 16 and Christmas is really hard because of it. I had a giant meltdown on the weekend because I feel forced into all of H's Christmas traditions because we live in the same town as his parents and my mom comes for Xmas. I feel very stuck with Christmas. My mom comes here because she's now alone, and obviously I won't let her have Xmas alone. But I feel like I'm 'stuck' with her coming here, and stuck with doing everything with H's family because we have no other options... I love his family, but it's just a very stuck feeling I'm having this year. I know this year would have been different anyway because of LO but still.... I feel like we get no time to just the 3 of us and we won't at the holidays for the foreseeable future... I just want the option of having other options. But I dont. If my dad was here wed alternate going to see them and staying here. So at least every other year we'd get Xmas morning to ourselves.

Hugs! Feeling stuck is the worst.
  • Options
    acorn99 said:
    DS's sleep went from really lousy to full on shit storm this weekend. Every morning I wake up and say to myself "Self, that was the worst night we've had yet" and then the next night comes along and shows me how wrong I was. I am so freaking tired. He hasn't slept well since thanksgiving.

Me too! Except its my two year old, not the baby.

My bitch? Pink eye.  (Me.) Enough said.

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    @weeklyplanner‌. Have you tried So Delicious coconut ice cream? It's really yummy! I think they also make almond milk ice cream bars.
  • Options
    Dude who has child with gross hacking cough sitting in the well child area at doc office...hardcore side eyeing.
  • Options

@weeklyplanner‌. Have you tried So Delicious coconut ice cream? It's really yummy! I think they also make almond milk ice cream bars.

I got a pint of the vanilla flavor and didn't care for it. Is there a better flavor to try?
    Chocolate, Mocha Almond Fudge, Mint Chocolate Chip. I like coconut milk ice cream even when I can have dairy. The mint chocolate chip is really good
  • Options
    I am disproportionately irritated lately when I see things on my FB newsfeed that others have "shared" without bothering to find out if it's true or not. Latest examples: "Starbucks doesn't support the troops- boycott Starbucks", "WARNING Motrin + Robitussin = heart attack in children", "Michelle Obama Waves a Red Flag at a Parade to Support Communist China". It enrages me that people don't even care if they are spreading BS as long as it fits their ideology. It must be true if it's on the Internet and has 1,000 likes right? UGH. Don't make me hate you friends :(
    On that same note, people who share missing kid photos. It is a good thing if the child hasn't been found but quite a few of them have been so it'd be best to stop it from circulating.
  • Options
    Little man is teething and having a leap, my husband is off from work this week so he has him at home all day.  He has called me no less than 5 times and is driving me nuts.  He called to tell me he took DS for a ride b/c he was fussy, to tell me he gave him tylenol,  to ask where something was and now to come home early because he is sure DS wants boobs and is driving him nuts.  To make matters worse he is a hypochondriac and when I told him to let DS chew on a spit towel he told me he can't because he might choke on it.  OMG 
  • Options
    My coworker WILL NOT stop talking ....about NOTHING. Random bullshit all day long. I just want to punch her in the throat and throw her in the rehab pool.
  • Options
    I just got over the flu and now I feel sick again.

And LO had decided to refuse a bottle. I feel chained to this house and now I have no idea what to do about New Years.

WAH!
  • Options
    DS sleeps great when swaddled but seems like we hit the regression and he kept busting out of it and attacking his face with his hands so I bought a swaddle sleepsack and he went nuts kicking to get his hands free... Took him out of the sac MOTN and he slept great! (although rolled around all over the PnP) now I don't know what he wants... Swaddled/not swaddled, start swaddled/end swaddled FML!! I'm gonna try not swaddled tonight at all and just hope it's transition time :/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Daisylola11Daisylola11 member
    edited December 2014
    Also family drama during Xmas bloooows!! I still have to see them and it's my ILs so it's gonna be speeeecial!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    WTF. I just got home from a 12 hour shift, and FI jumps down my throat the second I walk in because I was looking at the mail instead of "saying hi to my family".
  • Options
    My husband's best friend (who I despise) arrives tonight and is spending 3 or 4 nights with us. I swear when my husband first asked me it was only a night. He could be right...I swear I don't remember half of what's going on anymore. We decided to let him stay in our bedroom since it's away from our LO (he stays up super late and would totally wake her up) Which means we will stay in the guest bedroom next to her. Just annoyed that I won't have free reign of my house and getting kicked out of my bedroom. Grrrrrrrrr..
  • Options

My husband's best friend (who I despise) arrives tonight and is spending 3 or 4 nights with us. I swear when my husband first asked me it was only a night. He could be right...I swear I don't remember half of what's going on anymore. We decided to let him stay in our bedroom since it's away from our LO (he stays up super late and would totally wake her up) Which means we will stay in the guest bedroom next to her. Just annoyed that I won't have free reign of my house and getting kicked out of my bedroom. Grrrrrrrrr..

This is one of the few reasons I am thankful for a 2 bedroom house.
  • Options

We've had people ask to stay with us...yeah no! My kids deserve their own bedrooms and I'm not giving up my bed and I don't trust people to sleep on the couch. I'm fine alienating people so I have my privacy
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    I know I don't know what I was thinking. We had the perfect excuse by blaming it on the baby :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"