August 2014 Moms
Options

FTM - Bathing Issues

I have a small tub with "lounging" (kind of) seat for LO to bathe in.  He is getting too big for the small tub so I just take the seat out of the baby tub and set it in the regular tub.  This past week DS LOVES sitting up on his "own" (not really) and won't lean back in the seat for his baths (if I push him back he just keeps popping back up which is even more unstable of a maneuver than the actual sitting), this is fine I can support him but now I don't have a free hand to actually bathe him.  Is there something I'm missing on how to bathe my child safely in this short period of time that he sucks at sitting up on his own but wants to do it anyway?  Any tips or tricks?  I see the circular bath seats on Amazon but they are $40-$50, and I'm not willing to spend that on something that will only be used for a few weeks.

Re: FTM - Bathing Issues

• Options

laundry basket it up!
    SWEET!!!  I knew I was missing something simple.
  • Options
    I don't get the laundry basket. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

A small plastic laundry basket...has holes for the water, and DS can sit in it without falling over.
  • Options
    Could you switch back to the kitchen sink until he can sit unassisted? We put a towel on the bottom and side of the sink so he can "sit" and we still have a fee hand to wash.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad you posted this! I've been having the same problem at bath time.

I obviously have no suggestions but I feel your pain.
  • Options
    I just let Itty bit lay in an inch of water in the big tub. I don't fill it past her ears and our tubhas a slow drain to it.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    kashock-2kashock-2 member
    edited December 2014
    I jump in and hold her in my lap or let her float on her back and cradle her head. She loves it and it's more comfortable for me than kneeling on the floor leaning over the tub.

ETA: the I and the O keys are too close together today.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I take Eleanor in the shower with me. She loves it and I find it so much easier and quicker than a bath.
    I was taking DS in the shower with me for 2 weeks, he was LOVING it and it was great because I actually got to bathe on a daily basis too.  Then one day WHAM...he didn't like it anymore.  Total lip quivering meltdown, so no more showers. 
  • Options
    I get in the tub with him. But we might try this laundry basket business.
  • Options

A small plastic laundry basket...has holes for the water, and DS can sit in it without falling over.
    Plus it corrals rubber duckies like a boss

I just laughed too hard at that.

I just stared jumping in the bath with my LO and she loves it. We play with the rubber duck and her favorite ball.
  • Options
    I just tried putting her in her back in an inch or so of water and she loved it!
  • Options
    I make DH handle baths, lol.
  • Options
    They sell a giant sponge at BRU for $6. My LO has been laying on that for a couple of months for baths. He LOVES being able to splash and lay in the water on a soft surface.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"