Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

First day back to work--any advice?

Tomorrow is my first day back. Only a few people even knew I was pregnant. My miscarriage also happened during an extremely hectic time for us so I expect some hostility from some co workers who didn't know. There are also two pregnant women at the small clinic where I work. That will be the hardest, I think. Thankfully, I don't work closely with them but will see them. Any advice to help with the first few days back? MH thinks I should just tell everyone but that is not my style. I'm very private.

Re: First day back to work--any advice?

• stayluckystaylucky member
    edited December 2014
    Honestly, I have been back at work for a week and a half and I am still struggling. I am like you, a private person. So coworkers can tell I'm not myself, but I'm not divulging the details. I work in a small office so I have to deal with a lot of quizzing and avoidance. I, too, have a pregnant coworker and she has been a trigger for me. All I can really say is take it one day at a time, one hour at a time of you have to. Prepare yourself for questions and gossip if you work in that kind of environment. My husband kept telling me to remember that they don't know what's really going on and mostly mean well with all their questions. As the days go by, it will get easier. I'm feeling more and more like myself every day. Good luck tomorrow. *hug*

Edited because autocorrect.
    Married 10.03.2014
    TTC the day we were married
    BFP October 2014 - Due 7/2/2015 - MMC discovered 12/1/2014 (D&C)
  • It's a hard situation when co workers don't know what's going on. Staylucky did give some good advice. 

I am the opposite, I am a very open person so I ended up telling people at work. I work for a small company and I am an open book. People knew something was up when I came back after working from home for a while.

It did help for me to tell others since my boss knew. If he hadn't have known I was trying to start a family, I probably would have kept it quiet.

Good luck to you *hugs* 
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for all the help. I am at work at linch. It's tougher than I thought. Mainly, I keep thinking about last week when I was here I was still pregnant. So much can change in a week
  • yes, a lot can change. It will get easier, hon *hug*
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Only my boss knew at work, and I've only told one other person (after the fact). Having no one know at work was a huge relief to me. I'm a very emotional person and cry easily... Ha. If I had to tell "my story" 20 times, I don't think I could have handled it.
    It was an escape to me.
  • I'm back to work tomorrow I had a mc just over a week ago and I also work for a small company where everyone knows everything like it or not.
    My boss told me to come back in the new year but I find staying home is making it harder to feel normal again so I am going to try tomorrow and see how I feel. Hugs to everyone in this position.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"