February 2013 Moms

Sitting at the Table

Our policy with DS (up to now) was that when he was "all done" with his dinner, he could leave the table.  That was working fine until recently.  Now he wants to bring toys to the table, or be on-off-on-off-on-off DH's lap, or getting into things he shouldn't be. 

What is your policy for leaving the table at this age, and how do you make it stick or work?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sitting at the Table

• He sits at the table with us until we are finished. He usually takes longer to eat than we do, so we haven't had a problem. He is a very meticulous eater and he eats A LOT.

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

• They can get down when they're done, but there's no coming back (otherwise it'd be an endless up-down-up-down cycle), so they have to be sure they're done when they get down. Then they can play but have to leave us alone (relatively) until we're finished.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Loading the player...
  • He says he's all done and hands us his plate. We leave him in the chair while we finish eating because we can guarantee two minutes later he will be asking for his food again. Once he takes the tray topper off his high chair tray we know he's really done and he's allowed down. That usually happens when we're finished eating. If it's just me and him home for dinner, we eat at the coffee table and he comes and goes between playing.

If we do let him down early, he usually comes to the table, sits on a chair and says please so we give him more food. That usually keeps him happy and quiet. At friends houses we let him eat in one of our laps and then he does the up down thing between us. I don't mind since it's the least disruptive for everyone else.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We don't force him to stay after he's finished. Usually we take much longer than he does. He usually just plays in the dining room.
  • L says all done and hands us her plate. But she stays until we are all done, and she usually takes longer than us to eat so it's not a huge issue for us, but when she does finish before us she stays in her chair.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• Logan usually wants food before it is time so we usually starts eating a lot earlier than we do, therefore, often finishes around the time we start. He doesn't mind sitting with us for a while, so he usually stays in the high chair. He also stays in if we are eating something he is allergic to, so he doesn't have a chance to steal something and get sick.
  • I'm the slow poke at the table usually. DH is usually finished first and will start cleaning up and getting DD what she wants, etc. and eventually let her out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just love titted everybody.

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• I love titted you back @Ally2011

View Full Size Image

• We try to make E stay in his high chair, but he tries to climb out. But then if we take him out, he steals food off everyone else's plate. Butthead. ;)

But we don't own a dining table at the moment, so we eat on the couch in front of the TV daily.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• DC2London said:
    We haven't really had a problem with him wanting to get down.  I think, though, Rhys is a social creature so if his entire family is sitting around the table he's unlikely to go chill in the living room on his own,you know?
    This exactly over hurrrr.

View Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"