October 2014 Moms

Nicknames / Pet Names

I know we did this with our bumps, but what do you call your LO now that they've arrived?

Does it change of they're sleeping, cooing, screaming?

Re: Nicknames / Pet Names

• I call M Handsome a lot and Mr. Mason. Also Inch Worm, Wormy, Squirmy Worm... apparently a lot of worm names.

But when he's in a foul mood I call him things like McFuss, Fussy McFusserson, and Fuss-monster.
  • I call DS1 buddy, and he gets very upset if I call DS2 buddy. I call the baby Dude, Lil Dude, bubs, bubby (this is sometimes too close to buddy), but more often it's Mister or Mister Man.

DD is Sweets or any sweet name like Tootsie Pop, Puddin, Sugar Plum, etc.
  • Loading the player...
  • Burrito is her nickname, so just that or her name and then burrito.  Also, Snore-ie (when she's sleeping), Wuss Fuss (when she's fussing or crying), daughter #2, youngest daughter.  There's probably more.
    Bean - 02/19/12
    Burrito -  10/04/14
  • We call her crab because she's fussy as hell.
  • Fussy Gus, Little Man, Little Monster, Ryker-roo
  • DH calls her squeaks
    I call her pumpkin, snuggle bunny, and a bunch of other cutesie names. I'll admit that one night she was screaming her head off and DH says "you can't be mad at a cute little lady bug." I responded with "she's a dirty cockroach right now!" Not my nicest moment.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I call her monkey a lot, no idea why?! I still call her little bit bc that's what we always called her when she was on the inside.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Leysin97Leysin97 member
    edited December 2014
    starla487 said:

Ellie Bean (like Jelly Bean)

E
    Smelly Ellie (for diapers and bath days)
    Sweet Pea
    Lil lady

...and Fuss Pot. :P
    My LO is Ellie too. I call her Ellie belly...I think that stems from when she was actually in my belly and I would say ellie in my belly

Edit: wanted to add I also call her hungry hungry hippo when she eats. She's bottle fed and sometimes gets really serious about it.
  • Baby bug, baby snug, buddy, little man, fuss fuss, dude, and little face.
    Me: 30 | DH: 4/12/85 - 6/16/14 | Quinn Patrick born 9/28/14
  • I keep mistakenly calling DS budda..lol. Sometimes I call him buddy and occasionally bubba...and sometimes I combine the two by mistake and budda comes out of my mouth (bud-da, not buddha).

I also call him Ry Bear (his name is Ryan), as this is what I found myself calling him in my belly.

More commonly, he gets called little man, big man, little boy, big boy, big 'un (what DH calls him), or stinky man (at diaper change time).
  • Peanut, squirmy wormy and fuss bucket. I never use her real name!
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Hobbit (for her constant eating), Munchkin, Pumpkin. When she is fussy, DH nicknamed her Fuss Bucket.

Married 10/06

Baby Girl "C" arrived on 10/07/14 (39 weeks, 6 days)

• I forgot... DH calls him Tiny or Tinysaurous!
  • Bud, buddy, dude, and little man.

image         image

• Little boo, punkin, evie (his name is Evan so pronounced eh-vee), Chico (don't know why), little lovin, lovie. I guess I have lots!
  • MrsMac613MrsMac613 member
    edited December 2014
    I call LO muffin, sweet pea, sweet face. DH calls her fat face and pretty girl. I also recently started calling her peach because she's so pleasant in the morning. During bathtime I call her naked baby, when she's hungry hungry baby, when crying fussy baby etc.

Anniversary 

• Princess Fuss Bucket when she's difficult

Princess
    Goober
    Kenzie Bear
    Little stinkmaker
    jelly Bean (from pregnancy)
  • LO: Bubbs, lil' man, stinker, stinky boy, bubby, mis amores (My love), My little stinky man, everything but his name, mr. Man that's all I can think of right now, it seems like I give him a new pet name every day.
    DD: honey bunny, babe and Miss Mya

imageimage
  • We call DD:

Tater Tot
    Sweet Potato Fry (or Pie)
    Fussy Face
    Stinky Pants
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Peanut, pretty, bebe, fussy butt. DH calls her baby doll and Evie pie :) Her Uncles call her baby Geno (after Evgeni Malkin).

• Bunny or Bun, don't know why.  Fluffy after baths.  We used to call her Squishy a lot but she's gotten less squish more baby so that one's fallen off a bit...  I miss my little squish.
  • DH calls her beebee which has got me saying it now too. Piggy for when she is always hungry, and fussy butt when she isn't happy.
    January Snow Fail

• I call her Girlfriend, Boogie, and Sweetness. DH calls her Monkey and Monk-Monks. For when she's fussy we call her Fuss-or. Its weird when people use her real name.

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Noah Bug or Buggy most of the time.
    Señor Squishy Pants
    Hiccupy Jones (DH came up with this one)
    Muffin
    Bud or Buddy
    Mr. Fussy Face
  • swise22 said:

I call him monkey a lot if he's in a good mood. If he's in a bad mood DH and I call him the grumpus from the Friends episode. I'm a huge Friends fanatic.

No one will play my Scene It Friends Edition with me because I always win. I own all the seasons and have watched from start to finish more than I care to admit :)
  • *Little son
    *Donfan (A Pokemon similar to his name-Donovan)
    And multiple generic nicknames such as sweetie pie, honey, etc.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • swise22 said:

I call him monkey a lot if he's in a good mood. If he's in a bad mood DH and I call him the grumpus from the Friends episode. I'm a huge Friends fanatic.

No one will play my Scene It Friends Edition with me because I always win. I own all the seasons and have watched from start to finish more than I care to admit :)
    Ditto. My mom hates watching Friends with me bc I quote it constantly.
  • Lennie Lou, Lemonade, That Lennon. Sawyer always calls her That Lennon and the rest of us have started doing it too. Mama, can I hold That Lennon? Mama, put That Lennon in the crib. Mama, give That Lennon to Dada.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Piglet (when she wont stop eating)
    Lyddie
    DD1 calls her baby Dia or just Dia (her name is Lydia)
    Little missy
    And little miss fuss bucket
  • swise22 said:

Ditto. My mom hates watching Friends with me bc I quote it constantly.
    Yep. I get the side eye a lot because there is a Friendsism for everything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"