TTC after 35
Options

temp question and OPK question

1- with your temp do you do it the exact same time every day? On weekends do you set an alarm? I wake up every day between 5:15-6 and take my temp before I get out of bed and use a regular digital oral thermometer. It's kept bedside with my phone.

2- for OPK when do you start using them. I'm on day 4 of AF who will be packing up shortly. FF has my green day as NYE. (DH opinion is sex from the day AF leaves until the day I have a BFP, I think I won't be able to walk if we do that)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: temp question and OPK question

• Options
    I do mine when I wake up in the morning (varies depending on my sleep, my toddlers sleep, etc), but I always tried to do it after a solid 3 hours sleep and before I get out of bed.  I do have a BBT that goes to the hundredth point.

I started using OPKs about 5 days prior to when I usually ovulated.  If you're just starting and have an average length cycle (28ish days), I'd probably start taking them by day 10.  I used the Wondfo OPKs and could watch the line kind of fade in, so I'd do once a day until the line starting getting darker and then start doing twice per day.  

Good luck! :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Try to take your temp around the same time every day. For some women being off an hour or so doesn't matter, for others their bodies are very sensitive and it will be harder to see a temp shift. As for the OPKs, when to start depends on how long your normal cycle is. There is probably a reference chart on the box. If you have a 26 day cycle they generally recommend you start on CD9 or so. If your cycle is longer then you would wait a few days more to start. Typically (but not always) your luteal phase (after you O) will be between 10 and 14 days long. Thus you would start OPKs about 16 or 17 days or so before you expect your cycle to end so you can catch your surge.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just going to say get a BBT.
    PP said it all

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    Is there a how to get KU for dummies? I feel so stupid because I have no clue about all this stuff.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @Jenniferk08‌ yes, it's called Taking Charge of Your Fertility....or if you want to get a jump start, go to the fertility friend site and watch the tutorials and read all of the tidbits. The tidbits in the app help give you information on little chunks so you aren't overwhelmed. Good luck!
    me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I second fertility friend. To get a month free trial and of you don't want to pay when the 30 days expires you can still get the info you need while temping.

After you sign up they give send you 20 lessons in your email (one a day I think). Those lesson helped me tremendously.

Good luck!
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"