Breastfeeding
Options

Emotional last pump

Please tell me I'm not crazy for feeling sad about pumping at work for the last time. I do plan to continue BFing DD for as long as she wants but I'm done pumping since she's be a year old in 2 weeks.

I almost didn't want to turn the dang thing off.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Emotional last pump

• Options
    Not crazy. Pumping for a year! You rock, mama!
  • Options
    Not crazy at all! Congrats on your big milestone!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats! This is a great accomplishment!

• Options
    congrats on making it to a year!

you won't miss the pump, i promise. ;) you will have so much more time in your day now! the second year of BFing is so much easier and more rewarding.
  • Options
    I felt the same way. I actually was excited to stop at 1 year then when it came down to it I couldn't stop! I went on til 14 months and then finally hung it it. Emotional for me too! Glad to not have to wash pump parts every night though!

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

• Options
    It felt emotional to me too, but you quickly get over it! Not having to wash all those pump parts and prep all those bottles is so lovely. :) I'm going through the emotional aspects again now that I'm weaning LO completely in the last 3 days (at 18.5) months. I'm doing better than I expected though. We still cuddle and snuggle and give lots of hugs and kisses and I am glad to have my body back to myself. :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS turns one next week I'm not sure what kind of emotions I'll have. I'm trying to slowly cut back the pumping to 1 time at work then I'll cut it out totally. At least I'll have the holidays to get over it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"