Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Re-intro. D&E yesterday.

DH and I just lost our second baby in 3 months. Our first m/c was on October 5, at exactly 6 weeks.

On Thursday morning, I woke up with some brown spotting and panicked because of PgAL brain. I honestly was just going to the OB for reassurance. She checked me, couldn't find any active bleeding, tried to locate baby's HB on doppler and couldn't. She sent me for an u/s. When baby was pulled up on screen, she was measuring tiny and I immediately knew we had lost her. She stopped growing at 8w2d. I should have been 10 weeks.

Yesterday, I went in for a D&E. As an ICU nurse, I am super anxious about medical procedures and I was terrified. The anticipation was actually the hardest part. The staff were incredibly kind and gentle with me and they explained everything in detail. I arrived at the one day surgery center an hour before my procedure and was brought back to a room. I changed into a gown, the nurse started an iv, and I got some iv fluids. While I waited, the OB came and spoke with me again. I had seen her earlier in the morning at the office for a pre-op appointment. The anesthesiologist also came in and explained which drugs he would be using. I signed some consent forms, kissed DH goodbye and got some nice sedative medication (versed for those of you who know you drugs). After being wheeled into the OR, I scooted over onto the table. The staff chatted with me while they hooked me up to the monitors. The last thing I remember was the nurse putting the oxygen mask over my face and asking me take some deep breaths. I got some propofol and was out.
I first remember waking up in PACU at 2:45 with a heating pad on my belly. I was a little dizzy, and had some mild cramping. They moved me to a recliner chair, wheeled me into post-op, gave me a snack, and I was discharged by 3:30. We stopped to get dinner on the way home.
This morning my cramps are gone and my bleeding is very minor. I'm so glad that we chose the D&E option rather than cytotec or waiting to miscarry at home.

Now it's time to start the emotional part of healing and I don't really know where to begin. Sending ((hugs)) to all my other loss moms out there.
Me: 28, DH: 33
Married 10.12.11
 BFP #1: 5.30.12- Giannna, born 1.27.13
BFP #2: 9.18.14- due 6.1.15 -- natural m/c @ 5w6d 
BFP #3 11.2.14- due 7.16.14 -- mmc, d&c @ 10w1d

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image 

Re: Re-intro. D&E yesterday.

• Options
    I'm so so sorry, sweetie. I'm glad that the D&C went well and you're happy with your decison.

I wish I had magic words to help you heal faster but it takes time.. And usually talking about it. We are here if you need to vent/talk through it *hugs*
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    I'm so sorry @foodie12rn‌. I've been avoiding the July board so I didn't realize you were going through this. I'm glad the procedure was the right option for you and you are on the other side.

BFP #1 07/23/14 lost heartbeat @ 9w
    BFP #2 11/07/14 mmc @ 9w
    BFP #3 due February 2016!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your losses, but glad the procedure went smoothly. It sounds very much like my experience. *hugs*
    Married 10.03.2014
    TTC the day we were married
    BFP October 2014 - Due 7/2/2015 - MMC discovered 12/1/2014 (D&C)
  • Options
    so sorry for you and your family
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. :(
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you're going through right now.
    Hang in there.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Together since April 2004.  Married since June 19th, 2010.
     BFP #1: January 31st 2012: CP. 
     BFP #2: June 1st 2012, Due:2/8/13. Avery was born via unplanned c section on 2/13/13. 
     BFP #3: Sept. 25th, 2014. Due: 6/5/15.  MMC on 10/23/14. Confirmed complete molar pregnancy per D&C 10/29/14, 
    HCG officially negative 12/10/14.  Benched until June 2015.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"