June 2015 Moms
Options

Gender at 13 weeks 4 days

Hi all!
Went to my 13 weeks U/S yesterday. The one that measures the baby and looks for any issues.. Well the technician thinks its a boy... Anyone been told the baby's gender so early and was it right? Im anxious now i dont want to go by that cause i feel its too small to tell but who knows! :) advice please

Re: Gender at 13 weeks 4 days

• Options
    Actually, with the right equipment and skilled technician, sex determination at 13 weeks is about 95% accurate. I posted an NIH article/study a few days ago. My maternal fetal doctor told me he could confidently tell me at my NT at 13 weeks, but we're team green. I might hold off on painting the nursery or anything, but if they were confident, I would be too. 

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • Options
    Actually when I went for that scan, she said she couldn't find a penis so she said she thought it was a girl, but I'm having a boy!! It's way to early to tell then.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I found out with all 4 of mine at 13 weeks ... All were correct.. 3 boys 1 girl . <:-P
  • Options
    My tech said she was 80% certain it's a boy at 13w3d. We'll see!
  • Options
    Actually, with the right equipment and skilled technician, sex determination at 13 weeks is about 95% accurate. I posted an NIH article/study a few days ago. My maternal fetal doctor told me he could confidently tell me at my NT at 13 weeks, but we're team green. I might hold off on painting the nursery or anything, but if they were confident, I would be too. 
    I had an emergency scan at 15 weeks (everything was great!!) but I am surprised I didn't get any guesses after reading this. Oh well less tham 4 weeks till I find out!
  • Options
    I'm waiting for the official 20wk AS to find out.

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: June 10th 2015 ~ Aussie Bumpie~FTM

** June 2015 ~ January Siggy - Pinterest Fails**

• Options
    I found out sex via genetics testing.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I found out with my first baby around 13/14 weeks and she was right, it was a boy. The same technician did my us for this baby and guessed another boy, so we'll see!
  • Options

The tech at our NT scan guessed at 13 weeks. She explained her "guess" with some medical terminology which basically boiled down to the nub theory (look it up). She said she could only be 85% sure based on the active babe, but her guess was confirmed yesterday at our elective ultrasound. 

At 13 weeks my daughter had what looked like a hamburger . or 3 little lines.. No nub...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"