September 2014 Moms
Options

Re-Intro & Sensitive Skin Question

Hi Ladies! I was an active member here until about June when job transition, DH losing his job, and life in general got so crazy I was lucky just to get dinner before bed (so no time for posting) but I lurked on & off. You S14 ladies are the best & I have missed being able to post here as frequently as I was able to do before. 

Anyway, quick question. Over the past few weeks, DD has developed a skin reaction to the detergents we were using (Tide on the cloth diapers, Dreft on her clothes) and possibly her bath soap (Burt's Bees baby shampoo/wash). Our pediatrician diagnosed this and recommended we try Free & Clear detergents for everything and Dove for sensitive skin in her bath due to her incredibly sensitive skin. We have switched to Mountain Green Free & Clear Baby detergent (which, conveniently, is CD safe!) for everything, which seems to be working well so far. However if she develops a skin reaction to this, I have no idea what to try next. This question is a bit preemptive, but I am a planner and want to have a back up plan if that happens. So...if your LO's have ever has a problem with sensitive skin, what laundry detergents or bath soaps have worked well for you??  TIA!

~*~
Together since 03/27/2007
Married 07/20/2013

BFP #1 01/18/2014, EDD 09/26/2014, Team Green
DD born 09/21/2014

image image 

Re: Re-Intro & Sensitive Skin Question

• Options
    We use Babyganics products. We haven't had an issue with her skin since we made the swap. They also have a detergent. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We use All Free and Clear Detergent. I was also using Burts Bees bath soap until she started reacting to it. I switched to The Honest Company shampoo and body wash and so far so good. It still has a scent which I like, but she doesn't seem to react to it.

I used Johnson and Johnson once and she got a horrible rash. Never again. Too bad because I seem to have gallons of the stuff that I got as gifts!

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use All Free&Clear with no issues.  Welcome back!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, and I wanted to say I love your DD's name :)  Amelia was my top girl name but I got vetoed by DH both times.
    Thank you! It was one of the few names DH and I agreed on!

~*~
    Married 07/20/2013

DD born 09/21/2014

image image 
  • Options
    We use Babyganics products. We haven't had an issue with her skin since we made the swap. They also have a detergent. Good luck!
    I have only used their hand sanitizer before, but it is great to know that you like their other products. I didn't even realize that they made a detergent. I hope that the Mountain Green will work, especially because it is CD safe so we wouldn't need more than one laundry soap. All Free & Clear is one that DH and I have used before and really liked for ourselves. It isn't well rated for CDing though, which is one of the reasons we avoided it when looking at laundry soaps for our LO. Always good to know what works for other people! :)

~*~
    Married 07/20/2013

DD born 09/21/2014

image image 
  • Options
    Check out ewg.org's consumer guides.  They rate most cosmetic/cleaning products based on their ingredients.  According to them, Tide Free and Clear gets an F because it does have harmful ingredients in it. We use Seventh Generation Free and Clear Powder.  It scores an A with ewg.org.  I don't have experience with sensitive skin but the detergent cleans our clothes and our cloth diapers.  We also use Earth Baby Angel Mama for baby wash, as most commercial baby washes score badly too.
    I haven't checked this website but I did find similar information on Tide after we started having problems. I love Seventh Generation products for DH & I, but their detergent wasn't well rated for CDing from my research. Good to know that it is working for you though! And the bolded is really interesting...and unsettling. Great info, I will check out that website. Thanks!

~*~
    Married 07/20/2013

DD born 09/21/2014

image image 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"