May 2015 Moms
Options

Intro and question

Hello, everyone! I've been lurking around here a while so I figured I should introduce myself. I'm 26, married, and this is my first pregnancy. I am 20 weeks as of yesterday (yay!) and on Monday I'll be having my anatomy ultrasound. 

I also wanted to ask you guys a question. Last night I was lying in bed and I noticed one side of my stomach was visibly bulging out more than the other. It felt hard and the other side felt more squishy. I pointed it out to my husband to confirm that I wasn't insane and he agreed that it was visible. So wtf was it? I know that later on in pregnancy you can sometimes see the baby moving from the outside but isn't that when you're way further along? I don't want to be all omg mah baby if it was just an epic gas bubble or something lol. It was gone in the morning I'm not super concerned just curious. Thanks, ladies!

Re: Intro and question

• Options
    Welcome!
    Not sure what it is, my best guess would be baby or gas.
  • Options
    Nice to have you :) That happened to me as well. It looked like an alien was trying to escape from my stomach. Everything settled down after a little br, so no worries. I think it was just the baby scrunching himself into a corner.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome :) I know others have answered, but I've had the same thing with both pregnancies so far. My baby likes to hang out on the left ( the same as DD) and my bump is lopsided when I wake up every morning. It usually evens out soon after I get up though. DD actually used to go crazy and kick me if I tried to lay on my right side.
  • Options
    Welcome! The left side of my belly is much harder than the right because I have a pretty severely tilted uterus. My BFF said she always had more of a buldge on one side, too.
  • Options
    Welcome to May 15! I agree with PP's that it was likely your baby just hanging out on on side.
  • Options
    Welcome welcome! Gonna go with PPs and say probably baby making your belly wonky.
    GBCB - Gone to the Dark Side
  • Options
    I was kinda surprised that at 19/20 weeks Yu can feel movement from the outside so like pp said it sounds like your baby likes one side.
    Welcome
  • Options
    Welcome and congratulations! My guess is also that it was baby.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Yeah I'll be 18 weeks Monday and I swear it felt like she was swimming in there last night while laying in bed lol. Quite possibly baby :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"