Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Miscarried Last Night

I conceived baby #2 on our last day of vacation in Hawaii. We were using OPKs. 10 days later I started testing. The first was negative but two days later on November 2nd I got a postive. A few days later I went to the doctor for confirmation. Everything was great.
At first official OB appointment I should have been 6 weeks and 2 days. We should have seen a heartbeat. We did t. The doctor told us not to give up hope but to come in in 2 weeks for a repeat ultrasound. I was getting worried but my MH remained postive. We went for the appointment and there was a heartbeat! We found out there were 2 sacs and one didn't make it. I was very sad about the twin but grateful to still have one baby. I was so careful. I ate all the right foods and avoided all the wrong things. I got enough rest and walked. So I was shocked this week at my 10 week appointment that we found out the other baby didn't make it.
I wanted to go straight to the D&C but my doc couldn't get in until Friday. My H suggested giving the cytotec a chance and doing the D&C if it came to that. I agreed.
I got the prescription and pain medication yesterday afternoon. I took a pain pill before doing the 4 vaginally pills. I did that at 330 and sat down to watch a movie. 2 hrs later nothing was happening. My husband came home with our daughter. They had dinner but I wasn't hungry, just sad. By her bedtime I was starting to hurt pretty bad but no bleeding. The bleeding started around 9 and the pain became unbearable. I tried a hot bath, a shower, heating pads. Nothing worked. I took more pain medicine. I promptly vomited it up. By 12 I was screaming out in pain and bleeding heavily. I also passed the fetus. That was heartbreaking. I couldn't flush it so my husband took it outside and buried it. I tried more pain mess bit kept throwing up. I kinda wanted to go to the ER bit I couldn't get off the floor and couldn't get dressed. My husband couldn't take it anymore and cursed up a pain pill and a sleeping pills and mixed it with hot tea and spooned it in my mouth. I was afraid to try anymore pain killers because I had so many.My husband reminded me I threw it up. Still o was afraid I was going to overdose. But the pain was so bad I decided to risk it. I slept until 7 this morning. I thought the worse was over. However, when I got up I passed what I guess was the sac. It looked like a deflated ballon. Then I passed a huge tissue collection that I actually had to pull out of me. I don't know what that was. It was gray. I stayed home from work today and stayed in my pjs napping on and off. The bleeding has tapered off. I go in Friday for an ultrasound to make sure I passed everything. Of not, I will have the D&C.
I honestly wish I would have went straight for the D&C. Last night was terrible. The pain was worse than my c section.
I am ready to recover from this physically and mentally so I can try again. I am just so sad. I was so happy to have conceived the baby in Hawaii. The birthday was to be in July, the same as my daughter
The would have been exactly 5 years apart. Then my daughter would have started kindergarten in August and I would be home with baby while she was in school.
I'm still numb. I know it will take time.

Re: Miscarried Last Night

• imnotfancyimnotfancy member
    edited December 2014
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself. Be patient with yourself.

ETA- only half of it posted :(

Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC since July 2014
    BFP#1 11/1/14, EDD 7/15/15, 
    MM/C (blighted ovum) 12/2/14 at 8 wks, D&C 12/5/14
    Fur Parents to Mercy, Fluffy and Big Tex
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am so sorry for your loss. (Hugs)

Me: 31 DH: 36
    Dated Since ‘02, Married in ‘06
    BFP#1 05/16/06, EDD01/16/07, MC 06/12/06 at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 08/14/14, EDD 04/22/15, MC 09/17/14 at 9 weeks

My Chart

• Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for your loss and the pain you went through. I had a similar experience with my second MC whereas there were 2 sacs and one didn't make it. It's hard to lose 1 and then lose the other. So many *hugs* to you. 

I hope that the U/S on Friday shows that everything passed so you can move forward. 

Please make sure you ask your Dr when you can try again and listen to that advice. Also make sure you're mentally ready to try again. Sometimes it's normal to want to jump right back into it but the healing physically and mentally are so very important. 
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• So sorry for your loss :( I hope when you go for your ultrasound , everything will be cleared and you don't end up needing a d&c.

*Hugs*
    ------------ http://ourangelsandrainbows.blogspot.com/ image † "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward." -Psalm 127:3 †
  • I'm so so sorry for you loss. I got teary eyed reading your post because I went through something very similar :'( I know the pain you went through and are feeling.
    I hope your ultrasound goes well. We are all thinking of you. Xoxo
  • What a nightmare... I'm praying for you. Good luck and I hope you don't have to have a D&C. <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"