October 2012 Moms
Options

The week that just wont end! - Thursday randoms

Will this week never end!! I can't handle anymore stupid at work this week!!!

I hope all the kiddos and mommas who are sick are feeling better today!

Re: The week that just wont end! - Thursday randoms

• Options
    Bs still running her fever and is overly emotional.

She picked out a cookie this morning, Christmas tree one. She broke the cookie when she was eating it. She cried. And cried. And cried.

• Options
    It's past naptime but she won't get off the toilet. She keeps telling me she has to go. How long until I just tell her times up? Lol

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD was up before 7, ugh, it's the earliest she has ever gotten up and stayed up.  I enjoy my kid free mornings, so hopefully it's a one time thing.  Then of course she took a 3 hour nap at daycare. 
  • Options
    I just had to heimlich my kid. She insisted on eating broccoli off my plate which wasn't cut small enough for her. After chewing for a while I asked her to spit it out and she tried to swallow it when it got stuck. It was a horrible gurgling sound I never want to hear again.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    @chricast‌ that sounds so scary. Thank goodness you took quick action. Choking is one of my big fears.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Options
    Rachelilly23Rachelilly23 member
    edited December 2014
    So I went to take off the bandage from where they drew blood and my vein is poking straight out through my skin. It looks pointy. Normal? Nurses? @BeaF12‌ @enigmaticdrscully‌ @wesleycrusher‌ @chricast‌ @scrumpfy‌ I think you're all health people...
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Options
    @chricast super scary! So glad that she is ok!!

• Options

So I went to take off the bandage from where they drew blood and my vein is poking straight out through my skin. It looks pointy. Normal? Nurses? @BeaF12‌ @enigmaticdrscully‌ @wesleycrusher‌ @chricast‌ @scrumpfy‌ I think you're all health people...

Uhhh. Never heard of this happening before at all! I really want to see a picture of this though cause I'm super curious.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    @rachelilly23 never heard of that but i am like the worst at being a (medical) nurse ever. I've never drawn blood!
  • Options
    Anyone want a nap-striking 2 year old? She is a freaking mess anf so am I. Just go to freaking sleep.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    I just checked it and it's not doing it anymore... Maybe I can Google a pic that looks like it did. It is starting to bruise though. Blah.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Options
    It was maybe some blood trapped in the tissue, if you're starting to bruise now. Idk, it sounds kind of weird. I do tons of phlebotomy, and while I've never seen a vein be pointy, I have seen plenty of bubble like veins before bruising starts. Um, not that I give a lot of patients bruises. It just happens sometimes.
  • Options
    Has anyone managed to get a urine sample out of a two year old girl? HOW???

She's not potty trained. At home she spends most of time time with no pants on, and goes to the toilet/ potty/ garden when she can feel a wee coming, but she's never done it on command.

We hung around at the Drs for hours until I gave up. Will try at home.

At one point, she was fed up with me trying to get her to wee, so she stood over the potty and said "Psssshhhhhhh" and then "Look mom, there's a wee." I wasn't fooled.

• Options
    LorMor said:

She's not potty trained. At home she spends most of time time with no pants on, and goes to the toilet/ potty/ garden when she can feel a wee coming, but she's never done it on command.

At one point, she was fed up with me trying to get her to wee, so she stood over the potty and said "Psssshhhhhhh" and then "Look mom, there's a wee." I wasn't fooled.

They should have given you a bag to attach to her her genitalia to collect the urine. If you have no success I would call the lab and ask.
  • Options

LorMor said:

They should have given you a bag to attach to her her genitalia to collect the urine. If you have no success I would call the lab and ask.

Yes this is what they gave us when dd had a uti at 20 months old.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Options
    A had to have a catheter last time. It was brutal. It was a few months ago, and yesterday she found the pic i took of her in the emergency room. Her eyes got wide and she said "alice ouchie?" I told her yes, tbats when she had an ouchie. She whined, grabbed herself and said "'gina hurt! No no mkre ouchie please!" I almost cried.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"