February 2013 Moms
Options

WWYD ... Christmas Eve Service

We have been pretty hunkered down because the stomach bug and flu are so bad here. We ventured to church last weekend, but everytime someone sneezed I was blocking DS. He is 8 weeks old now and I'm not sure whether I should take him to church for Christmas. It is so packed, literally elbow to elbow and everyone is hacking all over each other I always feel like. We won't have our 2 month appt until January because of the holidays so no 2 month vaccines yet. At the same time I hate to spend Christmas Eve away from DH and DD even though it will only be a short time. What would you do?
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
View Full Size Image

Re: WWYD ... Christmas Eve Service

• Options
    I'd probably go but we're pretty liberal with taking our babies out early. I think DS was at church when he was only 2 or 3 weeks old.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would go, and sit in back. We are flying with our 6 week old next week and I am majorly anxious about it, but it is a super short flight. We flew with DS1 at 7 weeks.

FWIW, I asked our pediatrician about the flu and she smiled kindly and said every parent is asking about it. She didn't seem overly concerned and said to just keep an eye out for symptoms. She's young but old school (let kids get a little dirty and limit hand sanitizer to build up immunity).

Do want makes you comfortable! I think you can track flu outbreaks in your state, too.
  • Options
    id stay home (or make DH stay home) with him.
  • Options
    Like Sagen, I'd take a carrier. That way baby is already covered and close. But I'm also in camp do what is comfortable for you. :)
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    I'd either wear him or stay home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"