October 2012 Moms

Man-cation

So my husband likes to take a man-cation with his guy buddies skiing out west every year. He even went when our first was 4 months old. This year he wants to go feb 7-12. I am due April 3 (so will be 8 months along with our second) and will have an almost 2-1/2 year old to care for while he is away.

am i being unreasonable in thinking he is selfish for taking this trip? he gets to go have a grand ol time while making my life even harder. Also my first pregnancy went off on time but what if something did happen early and he wasnt here? I feel like im married to a big jerkface. is it horomones or am i right?

Re: Man-cation

• My husband wanted to go when I had a newborn (12 weeks) and a 2.75 year old. I had a tantrum. I felt bad but I did not want him to go. At all. At this point, I'd tell him to go (and mean it!) but newborn time and late pregnancy time, I'd be super annoyed. I do feel bad that he hasn't had the opportunity to go since that...

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• I only have one kid, so take this with a grain of salt.

I'd tell him to go and have a great time. It's less than a week, and it's a yearly tradition. There's still plenty of time to ask someone to come stay with you if you feel uncomfortavle or feel like you'll need help.

How would you feel if he told you that you couldn't go on a girls' trip because he wasn't comfortable staying home alone with the toddler? Yes, i know you're pregnant and uncomfortable on top of that, but yiu get the idea.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Loading the player...
  • Dh does one in town and one travel trip a year. Every year. It hasn't been convenient all the time. But he contributes so much when he is home that I don't mind when he goes. But yes. I need girlfriends so I can do a gals trip.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • edited December 2014
    For me... I would let him go. I am gone for two to three days all the time for work, and he never complains about being alone. BUT... I would possibly change my tune if I were 8 months pregnant!
    If you're really feeling overwhelmed and tired you could tell him that, and ask if he would stay home this time. And then make plans for a big fun trip for yourself! :)

• My H wanted to go on a ski trip 5+ hours away at a place with no phones or cell service when I was 34 weeks with A and C was 15ish months. I said no. BUT I had a history of pre term labor, and was already dilated to 2, and was on modified bed rest. So it just wasn't feasible. Had he wanted to go a few months earlier I'd have no issue with it, providing I got some "Me time" as well, later.
  • I would let him go. I know my DH would let me go if it was reversed. Sometimes we all need to get away. I have three girls now and one due in April. Its work, but I do it everyday anyways. I would just make it a special time with me and my girls and have some fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"