August 2015 Moms

Lab work?

This is my first pregnancy and I won't see my OB until I'm about 10 weeks, which seems like a long ways away.

Am I supposed to go get lab work done in the meantime to make sure everything is okay or just wait until the OB appointment?

Re: Lab work?

• Oh okay. I was just reading another thread about HCG levels and I was thinking oh I have no idea what my levels are.
  • A lot of the women who are getting lab work done have had previous losses or have had some fertility treatments. That is why they go for routine checks.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • jenkburke said:
    Oh okay. I was just reading another thread about HCG levels and I was thinking oh I have no idea what my levels are.
    Common reasons why people have their levels checked are: previous miscarriage/s, were receiving fertility treatments, some known medical issue, and/or experiencing spotting/bleeding. There are some that just have it standard in their doctor's practice, but they are the minority.
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • I guess I'm kinda nervous because I'm 6w2d and have no symptoms. I am wondering if my levels are low.
  • Check out the symptoms thread. Many others have little to no symptoms as well.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am 6w6d and i feel no different now than i did 6 weeks ago. Enjoy it while you can! Hopefully we can remain symptom free!! ;)
  • Hopefully all is well and you enjoy
    Your sypmtom free days. Cause let me tell you, I felt just like you and at 5w5d the shit hit the fan. You may not be as far along as you think either, unless you were temping.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"