Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

My terrible U/S

laurenlalaplaurenlalap member
edited December 2014 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
I'm sorry - I hope this is OK but I need someone / somewhere to vent. 

Yesterday I had my U/S to confirm no tissue has been retained. 

I get in and she looks at me and says, "You're 11 weeks pregnant?" 

I said no, I had a miscarriage. I am not 11 weeks pregnant.

She says, "well your paperwork says your LMP was Sept 29th."

I said yes, but I had a miscarriage.

Then she says, "well no one told me."

Honestly - that's what she said... No sorry about the mixup, no sorry this happened to you...

Anyway we move on...

The T/V U/S was the most uncomfortable of my life. I just lay there bawling my eyes out and she was such a bitch. She kept saying open your legs wider, and then eventually literally took her elbows and forced them apart.

I went out to reception afterwards and complained to the receptionist who took me into the lunch room so I could have some privacy while I relived the story and my ordeal. At least this woman was kind. She let me tell what happened, then hugged me and stroked my hair while apologizing as I was sobbing like a baby.

I hope this tech gets fired so no one else goes through this. It was seriously one of the worst parts of this whole ordeal.
DS#1: born Dec 29, 2013 
TTC#2 since Sept 2014 - unexplained secondary IF
BFP #2: 11.7.14  M/C: 11.27.14 @ 6w3days
BFP #3: 04.19.2015 M/C 04.27.15 @ 4w3days
BFP #4: 10.05.2015 C/P @ 3w4days
Oct 11, 2015: Cycle 13. Starting Femara (2.5mg). HSG this cycle (all clear) - BFN
Nov 12, 2015: Cyle 14. Femara 5mg + IUI - BFN
Dec 10, 2015: Cycle 15. Femara 5mg + IUI #2 - BFP #5! C/P 4w4d
Jan 10, 2016: Cycle 16. Femara 5mg + IUI #3 - BFN.
Feb 10, 2016: Cycle 17.  No IUI or meds. Taking a break - Natural BFP Mar 5, 2016!!!! EDD Nov 16, 2016
Moving to IVF March 2016
Beta at 10dpo: 21, Beta at 12dpo: 98, Beta at 14dpo: 264, Beta at 16dpo: 745
U/S 6w6d: single beautiful heartbeat of 121bpm - It's a boy!!!!
Nov 3, 2016: Our family became complete. Welcome DS #2.

Re: My terrible U/S

• I am so sorry that you had to go through this. I have been taken aback by the lack of sensitivity I've seen from some of the healthcare workers I've been in contact with as well. I don't know if they just become callous to the situation or what. Either way, it's inexcusable. *hugs*
    Married 10.03.2014
    TTC the day we were married
    BFP October 2014 - Due 7/2/2015 - MMC discovered 12/1/2014 (D&C)
  • Oh that's awful. I'm so sorry!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry you were treated that way. I just don't understand some people. I know that they are used to dealing with this type of stuff but you would think people would have better bedside manners. 

During my last MC I was seeing a new Dr an I guess no one told her I was going through a MC. She did the U/S and was like...there is still a chance, maybe you're just earlier along than you thought. At least she was very sympathetic when I told her that I actually had MC'ed. 

So many *hugs* to you. 
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• I'm so sorry for your experience. I would look into a different doc office. Not everyone is like that I find it inexcusable. I would write a letter, online review, and switch.
    I am a healthcare professional myself and know how difficult it can be to stay sensitive to each patient. But I've told dh that is I ever act like that to tell me to take a break.

Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC since July 2014
    BFP#1 11/1/14, EDD 7/15/15, 
    MM/C (blighted ovum) 12/2/14 at 8 wks, D&C 12/5/14
    Fur Parents to Mercy, Fluffy and Big Tex
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Omg I'm so sorry you had to go through that :'( that's terrible! Ugh! Some ppl have no consideration. Just know we are all here for you whenever you need to vent. Xo
  • That's messed up... I'm so sorry.
  • I'm so sorry! I would have been bawling too. Good for you to make your feelings known to someone. It was nice of the receptionist to listen to you. I had a horrible nurse during my first loss who was rude and dismissive. I was not brave enough to say anything. She isn't there anymore so I think others may have complained. I'm so sorry you went through that. It's amazing to me that some people go into the ob specialty only to be rude and unfeeling.

BFP #1 07/23/14 lost heartbeat @ 9w
    BFP #2 11/07/14 mmc @ 9w
    BFP #3 due February 2016!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"