March 2014 Moms

What does DH "dress up" in?

DH mentioned needing some new dressier clothes. We don't often go anywhere dressy so to be honest I don't even know where to go/what to get. What does your DH wear? Bonus points for links :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What does DH "dress up" in?

• He's had a suit for really fancy.
    A sport coat for not as fancy, wears with dress pants or nice jeans.
    Christmas he wears a sweater and nice jeans. (At parent's house)
    We've gone to nice events/restaurants with him in jeans and a dress shirt.

It completely depends on the venue/occasion.
  • Khakis with a solid dressier shirt or dress pants with a dress shirt

I would go to jcpenney you can get some nice things for a really reasonable price. They also have a coupon now for 10 off 25.

His favorite thing to wear when he doesn't want to super causal with jeans sneakers and a graphic t he will wear his jeans, cowboy boots and a flannel shirt. He looks fairly dressed up but not over the top.

Tb won't let me do links mobile anymore so screen shots it is
  • Loading the player...
  • MH has a blue collar job, so his clothes are all "planet dump truck" as he calls them, or a suit for special occasions. Not much in between. I'd like him to have more dress casual clothes for occasions when he has to dress nice but not a full suit. I think things like nicer jeans (a darker wash or at least not all baggy with the premade holes), a couple sweaters, button down collared shirts, polos, and khaki pants would be good staples.

My old job was dress casual, most men wore polos and khakis but this one guys always looked well put together, sweater vests, dress shirts, etc. I asked him wear he shopped cause his clothes looked expensive and didn't wear things twice too close together and he said TJ max. If you have one, check it out. I keep planning to so MH can have some nicer clothes without breaking the bank.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• My husband has worn the same "uniform" dress up outfit since he was probably 16. Navy blazer, khaki dress pants, stripped button down. If more formal, he will thrown on a quirky patterned tie. Sometimes in the winter, he will swap the navy blazer for a corduroy blazer. His friends pretty much wear the same thing as well. 
  • Wedding dressy he wears slacks and a button up no tie. Dressy casual dark jeans and a casual button up. Both with dress shoes
  • Wedding fancy is a suit.
    A bit less fancy is a button down shirt and dress pants. If it's cold, he'll wear a sweater over the dress shirt and a tie (tie goes under the sweater). Then dress shoes. That's what he wears for work every day too.
    He gets his dress shirts and sweaters at department stores. Pants usually at banana republic.
    TTC since December 2011
    Me: 29 ovulatory disorder
    DH: 30 MFI - low everything

IUI #1: 11/5/12 BFN
    December IUI cancelled due to cyst
    IUI #2: 1/8/13 BFN

IVF in April 2013 transferred one beautiful blast on 4/13
    Beta #1 4/22: BFP!! 33 Beta #2 54 Beta #3 70 Beta #4 83 Beta #5 105. Possible ectopic, MTX and M/C 5w4d

FET 6/21 - Beta #1: 79 BFP!! Beta #2: 253 U/S 7/12: saw the sac! U/S #2 7/19 great heartbeat of 127!! U/S #3 heartbeat of 154! U/S #4 graduated to OB

EDD 3/9/14

imageimage

• DH is a teacher and wears dress pants (black, grey, or khaki), a button up shirt, and a tie everyday to work. Sometime he wears a sweater over it. We buy almost all his clothes from kohls. You just have to watch for their sales.

Going out, it depends on the occasion. Our families are pretty casual, but he'll usually wear decent jeans (dark wash, no holes) with either a polo or button up shirt. If it's sometime nicer, he'll wear black or grey pants.
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• Nice pair of dress pants, button down shirt, tie. Check out kohls!
  • My DH has a kilt and full regalia for dressy/fancy things. But to work he wears dress pants, bluntstone boots a dress shirt and sometimes a tie. On Fridays it's jeans and a casual dress shirt( bright colour, short sleeve or fun pattern). For family stuff it's nice jeans and a tee with some sort of sweater thing if it's casual.

Most of his dressier items are from Moore's and the rest are wherever we can find them- the bay, sears etc.
  • Depends on the event. He hates dress clothes; for our wedding he asked if he had to wear them and I said nope, it was his day too. So he bought brand new black Carhartts and wore those with a button-up linen shirt and a Filson double-breasted wool vest. And boots.

For other people's weddings he wears a suit, dress shirt, tie, and wing tips.

On more everyday nice occasions (dinner out, a party) he wears his "good" pair of Carhartts, a button up chamois or flannel shirt, maybe a vest. Boots.

When he student taught he wore good Carhartts, a button up chamois or flannel, and a tie. Boots.

He always always ALWAYS tucks his shirt in and wears a belt so he looks tidy and put together regardless.

He gets everything from Carhartts, LL Bean, or thrift stores.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @HighPeak‌ he does have good legs haha. Between soccer, rowing and hackey sack when he was younger and bouncing LO to sleep the calves are mighty nice lol.
  • Everyday work dressy is usually a button down, khakis or dress pants, sometimes a tie and a sweater or sweater vest if it's cold. For weddings and such he wears the grey suit he got married in and more festive tie.
  • Dress up is usually dress slacks (I like them slim), button down and a blazer. Can add a tie if necessary or remove blazer if not that fancy. He is in court everyday so he has a lot of dress clothes. Most of his stuff is from J. Crew or Brooks brothers (or their outlets). He is a bit difficult to fit so can't walk in most places. (He's really slim.)
  • Bonobos.com for shirts.

J crew. Old navy broken in khakis. Gap. Or banana republic for chinos.

That's my hubs every day look. (It's exhausting.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"