Nurseries and Baby Gear

Bumbleride Indie Twin vs. City Mini GT Double

Hi ladies! I have a 19-month old son who will be just about 2 when I have my second in April. I am researching side-by-side double strollers. We are trying to find one stroller that will meet our needs. We use it for exercise walks around the neighborhood, the zoo, park, occasionally the mall. It would need to get folded up and tossed in the back of my SUV a decent amount, so I am hoping for something not incredibly heavy and awkward. Budget is open.

At first, I was thinking the City Mini GT Double, but now I am intrigued by the Bumbleride Indie Twin. Anyone have experience with both to compare? Is the Indie Twin a beast to fold and get into the car? Or other suggestions I should consider?

Any insight would be much appreciated! Thank you.

Re: Bumbleride Indie Twin vs. City Mini GT Double

• The indie is nice but heavy.

Another option to consider is the Valco Snap Duo/Dual. I've had mine for at least 19 months and have used it for all of the things you mentioned. It weighs 22lbs, pushes one handed, & opens & closes like a dream (one step). It also have a huge basket & storage pockets on the back. Highly recommend it.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • My friend has a single AND double Bumbleride and those strollers are BEASTLY huge! She had to break the double down to even get it through doorways in our building. It rides awesome but it's not the most portable thing out there.

I have the GT single and love how easy to move and fold it is. No personal experience with the double but I'm sure it's not a whole lot different.
  • Loading the player...
  • I love the Indie Twin but it's a lot to get in and out of the car regularly.  I would consider the Valco Snap Duo or CMGT double.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Thanks for the feedback, ladies! Sounds like the Indie isn't what I'm looking for. I sill look at CMGTD and the Snap Duo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"