March 2015 Moms
Options

Breast Pump brands STMs+

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I checked but didn't see anything. Just trying to decide which pump to go with, these are the three that my insurance covers in full. Anyone have any experience with one of these? - Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breastpump Starter Set - Ameda Purely Yours - Tomy MiPump
Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Breast Pump brands STMs+

• Options
    Yeah, I'm leaning towards the Medela, but just wanted to see if anyone had experience with the other two before deciding for sure.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Medela.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Medela- I ended up with the Medela professional pump but if you don't have supply issues or anything the Pump in Style is the best option you mentioned.
  • Options
    I have a Medela PISA and had no issues.  It's the only one my insurance covered and it's a good pump.
  • Options
    I loved my Medela pisa.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have the Medela Pump In Style Advance.

I love it. I never had issues with it, except when the membrane would tear, but that can be solved by buying back up parts. I really liked the double pumping. And like PP's have said- you can buy parts everywhere. Sometimes it was hard to match nipples that fit the bottles (I don't think I could ever find medela nipples), but I think you'll get that with any type of brand.

image image
    imageimage
  • Options
    I had the purely yours one last time, and I hated it...I'm going with medela this time.
  • Options
    I have an Ameda double electric pump. It's what came with my ins., it took a while till I got used to it, but it got the job done.

#1 BFP 11/6/12 EDD 07/19/13 Delivered 07/23/13 - Baby boy Everett John

#2 BFP 07/06/14 EDD 03/12/15

• Options
    I had the Medela PISA. I can't tell you I loved it, because I loathed using that thing. BUT, it worked really well!
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    TikTak said:
    AlinnJo said:
    I had the Medela PISA. I can't tell you I loved it, because I loathed using that thing. BUT, it worked really well!
    That's what I was thinking! "Can I really every say that I LOVE a breast pump? NO!"
    haha so true. I guess I can say I had a love/hate relationship with that thing.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ma madela fan here too....but uggg hate pumping.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I just ordered my Madela PISA through insurance!  Sounds like I made the right choice (it was that or Ameda from my insurance).  I based my decision on internet reviews.

• Options
    I bought the Medela PISA and loved it!  Worked great for me...no complaints at all. 
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Options
    I also should mention that Medela has great customer service. At one point my supply dropped drastically and I freaked out. I called Medela and they had me check every little part on the machine and then they said they would ship me a brand new one just in case it was the motor. 2 days later I had a brand new Medela PISA in the box and they sent me a prepaid box to ship my old one back.

It didn't end up being the pump, I just dropped in my supply due to stress or who knows??  I just think it was very awesome that they shipped me a brand new one so quickly and didn't even ask me for proof of purchase or anything.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm getting the Medela PISA as well. My insurance also covered the "starter set" but I chose to pay $95 for the "upgraded" model, which is the backpack style that comes with a cooler bag and ice pack, as well as some other accessories. The pump itself is the same, but I liked the convenience of the cooler, easy carrying bag, etc. 
  • Options
    mandi195 said:
    I'm getting the Medela PISA as well. My insurance also covered the "starter set" but I chose to pay $95 for the "upgraded" model, which is the backpack style that comes with a cooler bag and ice pack, as well as some other accessories. The pump itself is the same, but I liked the convenience of the cooler, easy carrying bag, etc. 

Mine is offering me the same, $95 for the upgrade, but DH and I haven't discussed whether or not we'll pay for the upgrade.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I started with the Purely Yours, and hated it. I was an exclusive pumping mom for 6 months, and so I ended up renting the hospital grade medela for 3 of those to establish a great milk supply, then I went to Medela Freestyle, which was nice, but has some things that really bugged me. I still used it for my 2nd son though.This time, I'm going with the Medela PISA, which was free through the affordable health care act.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I was definitely leaning towards the Medela already, and after hearing your opinions, I'll definitely be going with that one.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I ordered the Medela freestyle because I travel a lot for work and hear it's portable.

I may also get the PISA to just keep at the office.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• Options
    I'm a FTM so I don't have any experience in this, but I thought I'd put out three that I called 3 of the places that are listed as sellers who accept my insurance and found that some charge less than others for the upgrade. For example one place said the PISA tote would be $95 but two other places said the same exact upgrade was $75
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"