Parenting after a Loss

*~*~Infant Check in 11/15*~*~

Infant Age:

Milestones:

Challenges:

Funny/cute stories:

QOTW: Do you have any christmas traditions you are excited to do/start with LO?

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011
Diagnosed with PCOS Jan 2013
BFP#1 June 2013/ EDD 2/23/2013 Blighted Ovum confirmed July 18, 2013
took Cytotec July 20, 2013

BFP #2 12/28/2013 EDD 9/11/2014 Its A Girl!!! Rebecca Ann!

Rebecca Ann born 8/31/2014 6lb 1oz 19 inches long 8:55am!!!!

Re: *~*~Infant Check in 11/15*~*~

• Infant Age: 8 months (will be 9 months on 21st)

Milestones: He is up on all fours for longer periods of time! He's so close to crawling but not quite yet.  He's almost got 4 teeth now, I can see the 4th but isn't completely busted through. 

Challenges:  Eating solids and sippy cup.  He loves baby food but anything other than that makes him make faces.  We are at stage 2 baby food so hoping things will get better when we move to stage 3.  Sippy cups I'm learning are just challenging so hopefully that will just take time. 

Funny/cute stories:  He screams when I'm on the phone. Not an upset scream but like he wants whoever I'm talking to to hear him.  It's so cute and now he's putting his toy phone up to his ear......maybe I'm on the phone too much! LOL!

We go over to my Mom's house on Christmas to open presents. I'm looking forward to spending time with family mostly!

image    image   image

BFP#1 2/5/13 - EDD 10/11/13 - MMC@8wks - D&C 3/7/13
    BFP#2 7/10/13 - EDD 3/21/14- Eli's Here!!
    imageimageimageimage

~*~All AL Welcome~*~

FOR A GOOD TIME: ****/post/150810/thread

• kaylam714 said:
    Infant Age: 3weeks 5days Milestones: he's sleeping for about 6 hours at a time at night. He's awake so much more during the day and I'm guessing he just flat wears himself out! Challenges: he still has his darn belly button nub. Ped said to give it until Wednesday and then to bring him in if its still attached and I'm thinking it will be, it's still very firmly attached. I don't know what they will do about it and quite honestly afraid to ask. So I'm hoping it magically falls off on its own between now and Wednesday morning! Funny/cute stories: he loves to have tummy time in front of the fire and just stare at it. He gets all sorts of angry if one of the dogs moves in front of him and he can't see it anymore! QOTW: Do you have any christmas traditions you are excited to do/start with LO? I can't pick just one thing! I'm just beyond excited to have him and have him be a part of our Christmas traditions! Bonus/AW: we finally got his newborn photos back, this is by far my favorite one! :)
    It took Eli 3.5 weeks to lose his belly button nub! I was worried about it also but it eventually came off!! Hoping it will fall off soon!!

image    image   image

BFP#1 2/5/13 - EDD 10/11/13 - MMC@8wks - D&C 3/7/13
    BFP#2 7/10/13 - EDD 3/21/14- Eli's Here!!
    imageimageimageimage

~*~All AL Welcome~*~

FOR A GOOD TIME: ****/post/150810/thread

• Loading the player...
  • Infant Age: 12.5 weeks

Milestones: first nap today without a swaddle is a success!! Hoping the rest of the day and night is just as smooth

Challenges: getting her to like the swing more (from 5-7 pm before bedtime while were hanging out downstairs) - she only likes it if she's half asleep and at that point I'd rather her nap in the crib.

Funny/cute stories: she smiles so big I feel like she's trying to say something or talk. She also initiated dad into the "I got pooped on club"

QOTW: Do you have any christmas traditions you are excited to do/start with LO? We're going to start Hanukkah with her tonight and light the candles together

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Infant Age: 7 weeks 5 days

Milestones: nothing new really. She wants to be more upright when she's awake and likes to look at everything.

Challenges: She decided this week that she no longer likes tummy time. We set her down and she will push herself up and cry. She just wants me to hold her all the time again. Boo. At least the gas issue has been better this week.

Funny/cute stories: DH and I voted in the run-off election here today. When DH went through, he put an "I voted" sticker on her stomach and congratulated her on voting for the first time. Super cute.

We do Hanukkah and Christmas. For Hanukkah we go to a party thrown by my mom and her so's havarah group. They have food, light the menorah, and do a white elephant book exchange. On Christmas, we usually have a Russian orthodox dinner on Christmas Eve. I want to start doing something charitable on Christmas day when she gets older as a tradition, too.
    Me- 29, DH - 28
    BFP #1 9/27/2013, EDD 6/10/2014, Mmc 11/01/2013, completed with misoprostol 11/8/2013
    BFP #2 2/5/2014, EDD 10/15/2014, Lillian Verletta born 10/23/14
    Daisypath Friendship tickers
    PAL January Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Infant Age: will be 9 months this friday

Milestones: she has her first tooth coming in, she can pull herself up to stand and can take sloppy drunk-like steps if someone is holding her hands.

Challenges: still no crawling. She seems to want to, just can't get her lower half off the ground....or at least can't figure out how

Funny/cute stories: MH has a John cena plush doll (a wrestler) and he talks when you punch him. Despite her millions of dolls and stuffed animals, LO loves John,she smiles so big when we give him to her.

QOTW: Do you have any christmas traditions you are excited to do/start with LO? Were going to do the Christmas eve box where she gets New jammies, a movie, and snacks (which MH and I will enjoy this year).

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Infant Age: 4 months (18 weeks)

Milestones: We've started testing out a few solid foods (with the ok from our pediatrician who said R. was ready). So far, he really likes carrots and bananas. Sweet potatoes and peas were not so yummy, but we'll keep trying. :) We're just doing little tastes here and there and keeping it really low key.

Challenges: The four-month sleep regression that the ladies on my BMB swore was a myth. Well, not in our house! We had three weeks of middle-of-the-night drama, but I think we're getting back on track now. Phew. 

Funny/cute stories: He's made some pretty funny faces and noises after trying his new foods - they have made us laugh out loud. He even said "bleh" after eating peas - purely coincidental, I am sure, but it was funny.

Hunting for and cutting down our tree (we get a permit to do so each year). We already did that a couple of weeks ago. Also, we drive around looking at Christmas lights each year.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• @meagpt22‌ Reading about the Wonder Weeks has helped me understand her so much better. I don't have the app though. I bought the book as a present to myself and love it so far. The snuggles really are the best, though. I've been holding her all day so far and it's been lovely.
    Me- 29, DH - 28
    BFP #1 9/27/2013, EDD 6/10/2014, Mmc 11/01/2013, completed with misoprostol 11/8/2013
    BFP #2 2/5/2014, EDD 10/15/2014, Lillian Verletta born 10/23/14
    Daisypath Friendship tickers
    PAL January Siggy Challenge: Good Advice
  • Sorry ladies that I have not responded Iam running on very little sleep (one night was 0) Rebecca has not been sleeping well. I will try tomorrow.

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011

• Okay baby Rebecca is asleep in the PNP for now anyway...

@docamy2011‌ he's going to be crawling in no time! Hopefully he gets the hang of the sippy cup soon and that the progression to stage 3 food is smooth.

@meagpt22 so sorry about the.gas pains. My LO is also having a hard time with it and nothing seems to be helping. Hopefully both LOs get relief soon. I will say I am so jealous of your sleeping baby mine only sleeps long stretches if laying on my chest. But I also don't work so I hope it continues to get better for you.

@kaylam714‌ oh my baby cuteness overload with that pic!!!! I am hoping the umbilical stub fell off but if not how did the appt go?

@HorseLover11‌ i hope LO continues to sleep well unswaddled for you.

@Happyin14‌ i will say I some days skip tummy time with my LO because she hates it so much. I hope your LO loves tummy time, but I get snuggling on the couch 100% it is the best!

@classicstar28‌ i hope your LO grows to like tummy time. Mine hates it but people keep saying one day she will learn to like it and not cry (I keep hoping its soon).

@angelsnight I am sure very soon she will figure those legs out and start crawling everywhere! Looks like to may have a wrestling fan on your hands!

@2redtulips‌ how fun to do baby food! If your doing baby food that means my LO isn't far behind ( makes me sad y are growing up so fast). I can only imagine all the faces with the new tastes!

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011

•  @2redtulips‌ how fun to do baby food! If your doing baby food that means my LO isn't far behind ( makes me sad y are growing up so fast). I can only imagine all the faces with the new tastes!
    Oh, my gosh, it is so funny. He is not a fan of green beans. At all. He even said "bleh" and he's getting really good at spitting out food. Joy. :) 

He adored bananas, and yellow veggies like carrots and squash seem to be ok. 

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"