September 2014 Moms

Overnight diapers

For a few weeks we have stopped changing LO at night during her one feed because it wakes her up too much (unless she poops). We have been putting her in size 1 pampers overnight diapers (with butt paste so no rashes), but she seems to feel damp in the mornings. It is getting worse. No real leaks, just damp through to her pjs. I was thinking about trying size 2, but I don't want to buy more and have the same problem. Do any of you have any suggestions of good overnight diapers?

Re: Overnight diapers

• We never used overnight diapers, but once our LO started having that "damp" feeling in the morning, he was starting to get too big for that size of diaper. Once we bumped him up a size, we didn't have anymore issues with dampness and he seems to stay drier alot longer. Good luck! :)

• We've been using Pampers Baby dry at night, seems to hold.  She usually doesn't pee in her long stretch (9p-4am) then fills it up (4a-8a).  It says it should keep baby dry for 12 hours.

Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • You'll have to go up a size eventually. You could go ahead and get size two and see how they are at night and finish size one during the day. We've done it that way before. My LO has to be changed at night regardless because she pees quite a bit but she falls back asleep easily while eating

• I have always had the damp feeling issue with pampers after they were out of newborn size. I recently was able to stop the motn change and he wakes up with a full diaper but it doesn't feel like he's wet. I'm using size 2 huggies and he weighs somewhere over 11lbs and probably close to 12.

I have always found that my kids were ready to be moved up to the next size diaper about 2lbs before the starting weight on the box. Around 10.5 lbs it was time to go up to size 2 with this guy. They are a little big still but we aren't having the constant poop leaks anymore.
  • Thanks everyone!
  • Huggies snug and dry worked for me in size 2. I used them starting at 12 lbs.

• edited December 2014
    Use pampers and move to a size 2 at night. U can use ur ones during the day since u change ur baby often during the day. Cloth diapers is what I use and he stays dry all night. I just double the liner
  • Another vote for pampers baby dry size 2. Never had a leak and we usually go 10-12 hours. Side note on baby dry vs. swaddlers: I find that swaddlers get a weird chemically smell when they're wet. Baby dry smells like pee by the end of the night but that's to be expected.
  • I started using Pampers Baby Dry a few nights ago and they have been good so far. I feel like they don't get the chemical smell (maybe that's from the color change stuff, since Baby Dry doesn't have a strip?) and don't get so giganticly squishy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"