Cincinnati Babies
Options

Bottle nipple flow help!

ladytiffany24ladytiffany24 member
edited December 2014 in Cincinnati Babies

So, I EBF but DH gets bottles of my liquid gold when she's at the sitter. We definitely found a bottle that she likes best, which is great, but I need some nipple flow help. (sorry if that sounds dirty, lol)...

So, as of right now, we're still using level 1 nipples. I'm reading some conflicting information online. A lot of people say that BF babies should stick with a low flow bottle nipple because they need to be able to keep up their great sucking skills in order to continue to BF. Also read that sometimes if you give them a nipple that's got a faster flow, they may reject the breast.

So my question is...do I still with the lowest flow nipple, or should I try to introduce the next level? If she seems content, should I even worry about it at all?! Am I overthinking this?!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bottle nipple flow help!

• Options

@sstwinklinglites That's kind of what I thought, but I wanted someone to confirm my train of thought. Thank you! Sitter says she does just fine, so I won't worry about it then unless she starts showing signs of struggling to get more out faster.

Always helps to hear what other mommies have to say!

• Options
    @becole42 Yea, I'm going with my gut here too. And the last thing I want to worry about right now is ruining our good little BF routine that I've struggled and worked toward! And yea, sounds like your daycare just wants an extra few minutes back. I wouldn't change nipple flow either if I was in your shoes.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrscatfarmer13 Thanks! This may be a silly question, but how do you know if LO is "collapsing" the nipple?

• Options
    @mrscatfarmer13 Thanks! This may be a silly question, but how do you know if LO is "collapsing" the nipple?
    Collapsing=sucking so hard tbe nipple goes flat and kind of "pops" when LO stops sucking.
    Gotcha! Thank you. Haven't noticed anything like that yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"