July 2015 Moms
Options

Weird supermarket purchases

I can't be trusted at the grocery store to make sane purchases for our house. The list of random stuff keeps growing each time.

Peanut butter captain crunch, shake and pour, Nutella , Texas toast etc.

What's your weird purchases at the supermarket?

Re: Weird supermarket purchases

• Options
    When I am in the first tri and go to the grocery store, I almost always buy jo-jo potatoes from the deli. I either eat them while I shop or eat them in the car on the way home. But not pregnant? I have bought them maybe one time in my entire life.
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Chicago style popcorn (Carmel corn mixed with cheddar popcorn). And Bolthouse Farms juice.

This popcorn sounds amazing! Where can I purchase some?!
  • Options

Grapefruit juice, this time around. I have never bough grapefruit juice in my life, but it sounded so good. 

Werther's Caramels, theoretically to give to the kids at a party this weekend, but I want them.
    Grapefruit juice does sound good! Imma go get some!
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
  • Options
    valigrl21 said:
    When I am in the first tri and go to the grocery store, I almost always buy jo-jo potatoes from the deli. I either eat them while I shop or eat them in the car on the way home. But not pregnant? I have bought them maybe one time in my entire life.
    @valigrl21 What's a jo-jo potato??

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I can't be trusted at the grocery store to make sane purchases for our house. The list of random stuff keeps growing each time.

Peanut butter captain crunch, shake and pour, Nutella , Texas toast etc.

What's your weird purchases at the supermarket?

I literally bought a box of peanut butter captain crunch today! It's my fave.

I also got some clams for DH to make me tomorrow. Yum!
  • Options
    Ruffles potato chips and french onion dip.  This is one of my dad's favorite snacks and he had it all the time when I was growing up.  I never used to buy it for myself, until I got pregnant.   I do eat it in moderation, but there's just something about it that I can't shake during pregnancy.
  • Options
    amc2511 said:
    10 trays of Stouffer's mac&cheese. To be fair, they were on sale...
    So ate one for lunch today. Everyone at work was huddling like I was going to give it up to the first bidder. Fat chance!
  • Options
    thenewkmr said:
    valigrl21 said:
    @valigrl21 What's a jo-jo potato??
    It's like a big steak fry or a potato wedge.
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Options
    Sourdough bread has been my thing! normally we don't keep bread in the house, because we just don't eat it. But I've seriously gone through an entire loaf in less than a week. I'm not even sorry :) 
  • Options
    amc2511 said:
    Chicago style popcorn (Carmel corn mixed with cheddar popcorn). And Bolthouse Farms juice.
    You can get a big bag of it at Costco!
    July '15 January Siggy - snow fails
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Chicago style popcorn is the best. Especially when you grow up in Chicago eating Garretts popcorn. If you can't find it, just mix cheese corn and caramel corn. Best invention ever!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I get super excited about ANYTHING peppermint/mint flavored.

imagePregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Tater tots & bread and butter pickles (usually a dill kinda girl) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mizzoutd said:

Ruffles potato chips and french onion dip.  This is one of my dad's favorite snacks and he had it all the time when I was growing up.  I never used to buy it for myself, until I got pregnant.   I do eat it in moderation, but there's just something about it that I can't shake during pregnancy.

I also purchased these items today and it's the second time I've done this. I wouldn't even think to get it prepregnancy. I figure there are much worse things I could be craving!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lindyloganalindylogana member
    edited December 2014
    amc2511 said:
    I buy mine at Meijer and Kroger and it is AMAZING!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Costco :(
    Anything on for a taste test I feel I need to buy it.
    It's just me and him so it's not even a that necessary I do Costco sized shopping trips.
    Most random was 3 huge things of peanut butter, 2 boxes of mandarin oranges, and 2 huge Costco sized trays of cinnamon buns.
    My fiance as so confused. I went for toilet paper
  • Options
    This popcorn is sounding amazing. I think DH is gonna be doing a grocery run tonight!
  • Options
    Mixed fruit in black cherry gel. I have been eating the shit out of those things lately. Also organic fruit strips made from pureed fruit and that's it. OH MY LORD they are so good. 

Also green olives. I ate four open-faced tuna melts for dinner. FOUR. DH is bringing me home fruit loops because of this post. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Marian Abigail :: born 9-16-2012 via emergency C/S
    BFP on 11-14-2014, aiming for a VBAC

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I just made deviled eggs at 8:30 at night in the middle of winter...and they were amazing!
  • Options
    Tons of cereal, even the cashier asked who they were all for and I said me and he laughed. In my head I was thinking no seriously me lol. Also stouffers lasagna, 5 bowls of this Caesar salad thingy, ruffles and ranch dip. Also 3 packs of the little Debbie Christmas tree cupcakes. When I got home Dh asked me did I get anything on the list and I actually didn't. We had to go back lol.
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Options
    Just made about 100 chocolate covered pretzels with sea salt. That satisfies some. All of you and your cravings are making me want to send the hubby to the store!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm all about pink lemonade lately and I rarely ever drink it. And a lot of bagels with cream cheese and the bagel has to be toasted or it's not worth my time....but reading these posts is making me want some cereal (cocoa pebbles to be exact) :)
  • Options
    mrsklm09 said:

I just made deviled eggs at 8:30 at night in the middle of winter...and they were amazing!

OMG me too !!! 9:30pm for me lol. 4 gosh darn eggs.
  • Options
    Any and all things spicy. Yesterday I made chocolate covered, bacon wrapped cream cheese filled jalapeños. Day before was spicy bbq wings. I drain dill pickles slices and pour in jalapeño juice. All I ever want is spicy :(
  • Options

I'm all about pink lemonade lately and I rarely ever drink it. And a lot of bagels with cream cheese and the bagel has to be toasted or it's not worth my time....but reading these posts is making me want some cereal (cocoa pebbles to be exact) :)

Omg pink lemonade sounds incredible!!! But you had me at bagels. I dream about toasted everything with veggie cream cheese. Mmmm
  • Options
    mizzoutd said:

Me too!! Ruffles lays and French onion dip have been some of the only things I can stomach eating lately- that is until I threw it up yesterday. So we will see....
  • Options
    Went to the store SPECIFICALLY for Zesty Dill Pickles. Well.... they were out.

Meltdown in aisle 6.
  • Options
    I cannot kick this obsession for BLT's. With fries. And salt. Lots of salt.
  • Options
    Pickled okras, cinnamon toast crunch cereal, pineapple chunks, pink Himalayan salt (nothing is salty enough), and cucumbers... Oh and we went out to dinner last night and I was tempted to ask the waiter to bottle the habenaro oil so I could take it to go.
  • Options
    Claussen pickles
    June 2012 Mom (2.5 yr old boy), July 2015 Mom (team green), Babywearing newbie/enthusiast
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    bagel bites! Anything that has carbs in it really...I usually would always stay away from bagels, bread etc. Now its all I eat. Oh and cereal I buy a new box once a week!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I suddenly have a taste for the Sweedish Fish candy. It's not that I've ever disliked them, but they are a big favorite of mine right now.

Right before I found out I was pregnant, I was buying mustard potato salad every time I went to the grocery store. I've since calmed down, but I'm pretty sure I went through about 8 little tubs of potato salad.

July 2015 Siggy Challenge

Snow Fails

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    mjolie83 said:

I cannot kick this obsession for BLT's. With fries. And salt. Lots of salt.

A BLT sounds amazing, minus the t I don't like tomato. But I add the t again because I will eat turkey, bacon, lettuce, and mayo. So more of a club lol
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"