March 2015 Moms

Do You Have A Mustache?

ToasterCatToasterCat member
edited December 2014 in March 2015 Moms
Come on, we're all pals here right? Tell me about your mysterious upper lip hair and what you do with it. Because Wednesday.

Do You Have A Mustache? 192 votes

No. My upper lip is smooth and ladylike, as nature intended.
17% 33 votes
I have a little blonde fuzz, I leave it alone because it's not too visible
30% 58 votes
I have a little dark fuzz, I leave it alone because I'm a hairy badass
2% 5 votes
I have a full on stache and I need to use industrial products/wax/thread/shave/pluck that big bastard
10% 20 votes
I have a light sprinkling of hair that requires a little maintenance but nothing too scary
35% 69 votes
SS, Please elaborate below
3% 7 votes

Re: Do You Have A Mustache?

• I'm not ashamed!
    I have some light blonde hairs but I worry that they catch the light so I get rid of them when they start growing.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've got a fucking quasi-goatee thing going on.  WTF, chin?

Thanks, hormones!  :-bd

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms
  • SS: Mine is light, but I can't stand it when my foundation gets in it--so I get it waxed when I go to my cosmetologist appointments.
  • I'm totally one of those annoying naked lip bitches :p.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • etoille said:
    -SNIP-
    I get you - I was sad last time I didn't have it.  I know it's like....the silliest thing ever but I was so excited.

My belly button didn't pop last time though either.  Hoping maybe it does this time?
    My belly button is almost all the way out.  Already.  :(
  • I had electrolysis done for about 6 months then quit doing and now I get a little bit of growth but in a really weird pattern so I now get a professional wax of my upper lip once a month. I have really dark hair so I have dealt with this since junior high- I've waxed, bleached, plucked, nair'ed, electrolysis, you name it. I like my current maintenance though.
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    TTC since March 2014
    BFP 6/23/2014
    EDD: 3/3/2015 BOY! Connor James

BabyFetus Ticker
  • My lip is not nearly the concern that the gross, thick, dark hairs that sprout on my chin/neck are. The shame....
  • I have dark hair everywhere. My upper lip hair is very fine but because its so dark if I don't take care of it it looks like a shadow. I wax it at home about once a week but since I've been pregnant I feel like its not growing as quickly so I can go about 2 weeks maybe longer.

@CoozieInMyPurse‌ I have the same problem!! But mine didn't come with pregnancy. :( I'm so embarrassed but glad I'm not alone.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • SS: pre-pregnancy I had a little darkish fuzz which I would periodically wax. Now, it's gone blond & there's hardly any, so I haven't had to worry about it in ages.
  • "I have a full on stache and I need to use industrial products/wax/thread/shave/pluck that big bastard"

I don't think it is that bad, BUT that is the answer that best fit!  I am like a hair removeal freak, the less hair the better! :)

• Just some blonde fuzz. I don't mess with it.

• No facial hair but I, like others, suffer from belly fur.  I look like my brother.  It's fucking gross.  I'm going to be doing some hardcore landscaping this weekend.  It is so bad I have to make it a weekend project.

• every few weeks-month I pluck 4-5 hairs on my upper lip. I would say their a light ashy brown.

image image
    imageimage
  • No mustache. I do get these dark hairs on my chinny-chin-chin that I pluck like once a week. There's maybe 4 of them. I can tell when they grow in because I can feel them when I have my chin on my hand.
  • I, like @Peledreamsofrain‌ am on of those bishes with a naturally smooth upper left. I can not, however say the same thing about any other part of my body. My DH says if our baby is hairy it's my fault.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No hair on the lip. But now adays, i always have to put lotion on my belly. Because my belly is so fuzzy my shirt causes static... :))
  • I've been lucky in the upper lip department! No hair there! Tho my hubby pulled one out of my chin the other day :/ never had this problem pre pregnancy.
    Tho my belly is covered in little blond hairs. Yuck!

Married the love of my life: 5-17-14

BFP:6-27-14

EDD:3-11-15

Step Mom to Z: 4-11-06

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

• I have a smooth upper lip, a single black hair that'll pop up once every few months on the underside of my chin, and the worst belly hair ever this pregnancy! Like these random black hairs that are like my eyebrow hair that pop up in a line. It's frustrating and shaving makes it worse! I just pluck the super dark ones.
  • Belly Hair is INSANE!  I shave before every appointment because its like that bad :(
  • I'm #2 and I'm afraid to mess with it for fear it would become more noticeable. I'm weird.

Luckily it hasn't grown more with the pregnancy hormones, unlike the belly hair. That stuff is a big WTF right now.

This.. I have light hair that you can't really notice unless really getting close and looking for it. I don't wanna mess with it cause I don't need more to worry about. But belly hair! Holy cheesus! I didn't used to have a hairy belly but now it's like Woah!
  • I've always had a noticeable stache and thick eyebrows. My daughter has them too
    We call them our " ay yay yaybrows " lol
  • igl08 said:
    I have dark hair everywhere. My upper lip hair is very fine but because its so dark if I don't take care of it it looks like a shadow. I wax it at home about once a week but since I've been pregnant I feel like its not growing as quickly so I can go about 2 weeks maybe longer. @CoozieInMyPurse‌ I have the same problem!! But mine didn't come with pregnancy. :( I'm so embarrassed but glad I'm not alone.
    Mine either! I've been plucking those bad boys for years. But I swear they are growing faster with pregnancy.
  • drudolph11drudolph11 member
    edited December 2014

I'm italian, need I say more?

This! Bah i would be a dark hairy beast if not for maintaining. I shave EVERYTHING on my body including my arms which people find weird but i have done it since middle school otherwise i am fully embarrassed by it. As for my lip. I get really dark thick hair right on the corners and then lighter thinner in the middle. I get the same shadow effect @igl08‌ mentioned if it's not maintained. Since i can't see my lady parts and it literally causes me to be out of breath to try and deal with that issue my area now looks like a small furry woodland creature is hibernating there. My SO is half native American...oh my poor child lol so ya there was my totally unsolicited rant about my body hair. Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

imagephoto pgal_zps8d04c926.pngphoto mom2015_zpsb124dd59.pngimage

March 15' January Siggy Callenge: Animals Being Jerks
    photo jerks_zpsk4p1dtwb.gif

photo candle_zpslg8yegqf.gif
    For @suzyq0525 and all of our other M15 loss moms
  • Speaking of belly hair, amusing story. I am covered all over with fine blond hairs (so embarrassing when I was younger/did not care about skin cancer/stayed in the sun constantly), but the other day my younger brother was in town from another state and wanted to see my bare belly. He made the expected "whoa!" type remarks you'd expect from a baby brother. A few hours later, someone else wanted me to show off my bare bump (my family is odd I guess, don't judge us!) and my brother said, "yeah, show them that hairy belly!". I was mortified initially, then realized that he actually thought my linea negra was a huge line of black hair and not just skin pigmentation!!!!! Then he was the embarrassed one. It was super funny.
  • My upper lip is nice and smooth, but I'm rocking some pretty serious side burns.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • I had an upper lip wax a few weeks ago and already need another...oy.
  • I usually have a dark mustache that I have to wax or bleach - it's the one thing DH wants me to alter about my natural appearance and he prefers waxing, which I resisted for a long time because I think lip waxing in particular hurts like a mofo - but with this pregnancy and my last, it's thinned out a lot.  I had it waxed a few weeks ago and practically nothing has grown back.  Almost makes up for having to cut back on wine.  Well, not really.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • I'm italian, need I say more?
    This! Bah i would be a dark hairy beast if not for maintaining. I shave EVERYTHING on my body including my arms which people find weird but i have done it since middle school otherwise i am fully embarrassed by it. As for my lip. I get really dark thick hair right on the corners and then lighter thinner in the middle. I get the same shadow effect @igl08‌ mentioned if it's not maintained. Since i can't see my lady parts and it literally causes me to be out of breath to try and deal with that issue my area now looks like a small furry woodland creature is hibernating there. My SO is half native American...oh my poor child lol so ya there was my totally unsolicited rant about my body hair. Lol
    I use to shave my arms. But I gave up. They really aren't that bad, they're light, but it's a lot. 

image image
    imageimage
  • I used to have to wax it but hair growth has stopped in the last month or two!
  • Full on circus lady stash here. I thread every two weeks. Yep.... That's me.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm with @Chunkymonkeylvr‌ @AleWife‌ and @drudolph11‌ Being Italian, I've always had the lip (and chin) hairs. Now that you add pregnancy hormones to the mix I'm like ...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • RMama2012RMama2012 member
    edited December 2014

SS- I was in the hairy stache group but thanks to laser hair removal I am now in the dark fuzz which requires much less maintenence.  I need to go back for some more sessions so I could be light fuzz/lady like.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm smooth on the lip area- my eyebrows are also pretty sparse. I have light blonde arm hair that's noticable only if you catch the right lighting.

So how then is my leg hair jet black and as thick as cactus spines?!

I also have the tummy fuzz but it's light too. Kinda fun to rub my tummy now... Is that weird? :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"