September 2014 Moms
Options

Vacation Daycare

Hubby wants to take a ski vacation in March with another couple that will be bringing their 10 month old.  Mine will be 7 months by then.  The daycare on the mountain starts at 6 months, but I have never used this daycare (obviously), and I'm so concerned she is too small to be thrust into an unfamiliar environment, especially since she doesn't do daycare now (she stays with grandma, then will have a nanny in January).  Any experience doing this with young ones?  Am I wrong to be so nervous?  Hubby seems to think this arrangement is just fine, especially since you can always check in during the day.  Thanks!

Re: Vacation Daycare

• Options
    How many days are you planning on skiing? I think you will be fine, they have to start somewhere. Also, if it's on the mountain it will be easy to pop in and check in on LO.
  • Options
    @braybee we are looking at 3 days of skiing.  I'm just nervous for how she will react, plus she cant tell me how her day went/what she did all day.  That and I'm in no position to visit prior to us taking the trip.  I may look into a sitter...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks, @TheresaKraf, the report would be helpful.  Well, the nanny is my sister in law, and she hates cold weather.  Plus, buying another plane ticket for her is not in the budget.  On the plus side, we may be able to start contacting possible sitters now just in case we want to go that route.  Yeah, we'd be splitting the cost with our friends for sure!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"