May 2014 Moms
Options

Production decreasing with intro of solid foods?

Over the past week, we've been working to break the nurse to sleep association, so LO isn't feeding as often.   Also, we've been introducing more solids.  However, I always offer breast first.   I think these two things have contributed to decreased production?   My LO doesn't seem to be dissatisfied with the amount of milk he's getting, but I no longer feel full as the next feeding time approaches and I'm hardly getting anything on the pump the past two days, even after a 4 hour wait time between feeding and pumping.  Have others noticed a decrease with the introduction of solids?   I'm hoping it is a temporary lull.  I haven't been pumping enough to use for his cereal, so I've had to pull from the freezer stash. 
Me-41, Hubby-40.
1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
Dear Son born 5/28/14

Re: Production decreasing with intro of solid foods?

• Options
    Yes to all of the above. DD doesn't seem dissatisfied on the weekends when I BF her (or in the am/pm) - she does get two bottles of formula at DC to supplement her two bottles of BM. I wasn't pumping what I used to and we depleted our freezer stash. 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I see now this was covered somewhat in the food for babies thread, so I apologize for the redundant post.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep.  This happened when DD really started liking solids too (which was a little later than DS).  I called an LC and they said it was normal.  When I'm a little more worried about it I'll probably start eating steel cut oats, drinking mother's milk tea, making lactation cookies...drinking more water; that's all I can think of for now.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Same here. Depleted my freezer stash and I don't pump enough at work. I only work 3 days a week so we usually supplement 1 bottle of formula when I work. I think it is the combination of a drop in supply due to solids and the fact that the pump doesn't do the trick like LO. I like to see what I pump and add an oz or 2 and that's what I think DS is getting
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"