February 2015 Moms
Options

Repeat csection mommas

any repeat csection mommies not have their date scheduled yet????

This will be my third csection, second repeat one and I still haven't gotten my date yet. I'll be 33 weeks on Friday and I am sure I had a date sooner than now the last time.

I don't have my first appointment with my ob until the 22nd. Hopefully she will schedule it then. I'll be sure to ask when I see her that's for sure. I'll only have six weeks left until I should have my baby.

Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Repeat csection mommas

• Options
    I don't. At my 24 week appt I asked my doctor when they were typically scheduled. She told me I could schedule it anytime after 28 weeks. At my 28 week appt I met with a different doctor, in the practice. He had me fill out hospital pre-registration forms but made no mention of scheduling the date. I honestly didn't even think about it until I had already left. I went in to the appt intending to ask but he went over so much info I guess it slipped my mind.

My next appt is on Christmas Eve and is with my regular doctor. I intend to try to get it scheduled then. DH wants to take a couple weeks of vacation after the birth and it's best for his company/clients if he schedules it as far out as possible. Of coarse, he'd get some time off regardless but it's just better for everyone if we get it on the books asap.

I'm really looking forward to having that time with him. For past kids, we didn't have a lot of notice prior to their births and he was only able to get a couple days off for the first and 5 days off for the second. It will be nice to have him around for so long when we are actually home.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    At my 23 ish week appointment I asked my Dr when they typically book repeat csections cause I had no idea and he pulled out his phone and said "hmmm 39 weeks, so February 19 work for you?" (I'm type 1 diabetic) and told his assistant to call and book it, although I haven't had an official call to confirm it though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor put mine on the books back in October. But we are at a military hospital and everything is different from civilian doctors.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image image image
  • Options
    jknallen said:
    any repeat csection mommies not have their date scheduled yet???? This will be my third csection, second repeat one and I still haven't gotten my date yet. I'll be 33 weeks on Friday and I am sure I had a date sooner than now the last time. I don't have my first appointment with my ob until the 22nd. Hopefully she will schedule it then. I'll be sure to ask when I see her that's for sure. I'll only have six weeks left until I should have my baby.

I haven't had a c-section but I was just curious what you mean by your first OB appointment next week? Did you change doctors?
  • Options
    This will also be my 3rd c-section.  Mine has been scheduled for a while. I went into labor on my own at 36 weeks last time but makes me feel better that #3 is scheduled and I got the first one of the day :)  I would just call your Doctors office and see if they can schedule it for you now, then you don't have to worry about it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This is my second c/s, and it has been scheduled for quite a while. I think that was mostly because I was asking when she normally schedules and she pulled out her calendar right there.
    F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Second c/s here, first scheduled one, and we booked it 2 appointments ago so... like 6 weeks ago? It's scheduled for Feb 23rd. :) 
    imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• Options
    Smyers2girlsSmyers2girls member
    edited December 2014
    We scheduled mine at my 28 week appt for January 30th.

Edit for auto correct.
  • Options

jknallen said:

any repeat csection mommies not have their date scheduled yet????

This will be my third csection, second repeat one and I still haven't gotten my date yet. I'll be 33 weeks on Friday and I am sure I had a date sooner than now the last time.

I don't have my first appointment with my ob until the 22nd. Hopefully she will schedule it then. I'll be sure to ask when I see her that's for sure. I'll only have six weeks left until I should have my baby.

I haven't had a c-section but I was just curious what you mean by your first OB appointment next week? Did you change doctors?

I didn't change drs no. I see my family Dr who will be at the birth assisting the ob during my csection. I see my ob near the end of my pregnancy just bc the ob has to do my csection.

I guess I better just ask at my OB appointment and hope she pulls out her calendar unless she has already booked It herself and I just don't know yet.

They schedule it a week before my due date so that puts me at Jan 30.

My husband wants to book time off too and the sooner he does it the better also. Which is the need for knowing ASAP. Otherwise really it will happen eventually!!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My doctor said she will schedule it at my 36 week appointment. I went into labor with my DD at 36 weeks so it makes me a little nervous that we will wait that long to schedule it for this one.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    I'll also be 33 weeks on Friday (snap) I've been told I'll get the date at my 34 week appoint with the view to having it around 37-38 weeks.

I've been really anxious about finding out the date!
  • Options
    I have had mine scheduled since last month. This is my 3rd c section. All could change but I have the date for now
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers

DS-1/27/04 DS-11/5/12 MC-5/7/14 BFP: 5/27/14 

imageimageimage

• Options
    I got my scheduled at 30 weeks
  • Options
    Im 30 weeks & booked my c section 3 weeks ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"