July 2013 Moms
Options

CPT: have you thought about your long-term BC method?

hollandmamahollandmama member
edited December 2014 in July 2013 Moms
and I mean when you are done done forever...

I read this which made me think about permanent BC (https://blog.thebump.com/2014/12/15/which-form-of-birth-control-is-a-close-second-to-the-pill/)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
*Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

CPT: have you thought about your long-term BC method? 77 votes

I'll stay on my short-term BC because I just love to have another thing I need to remember everyday
1% 1 vote
IUD for ever and ever
16% 13 votes
Tubal ligation procedure (a.k.a I get sterilized)
5% 4 votes
Vasectomy (a.k.a he does.. after all I already suffered pregnancy & childbirth, time for him to make up!)
42% 33 votes
Total abstinence... (yeah right!)
2% 2 votes
MOAR babies for ever! We love surprises
3% 3 votes
Haven't actually thought about this
22% 17 votes
SS - because I always seem to forget something
5% 4 votes

Re: CPT: have you thought about your long-term BC method?

• Options
    I'm thinking of essure. Or whatever it's called. The non-tubal ligation, tubal lockdown thing

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    I haven't really thought about it.  I will probably lean towards a V for DH.  I don't mind taking my BC pills though, since it regulates my cycle and helps (a little bit) with cramps.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SS: we aren't worrying about it right now, since we've never gotten pregnant. If I manage to at some point we will discuss it then, but I'm leaning toward DH getting a vasectomy.
  • Options
    The trade off is DH gets a V and then a motorcycle.
  • Options
    We haven't thought a about it but I'm afraid any of us getting neutered and then wanting a baby when we're 40... so probably I'll get a IUD
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• Options
    He is SO going to get snipped.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Options
    I'll probably just keep an IUD. I'm not worried about having anything too permanent done for either my SO or I. 
  • Options
    Since by the time we will be done with having kids I will be over 40 we are just doing to go with it. I told DH he will never have to be snipped since he has already had two surgeries in that area and has permanent nerve damage and stuff. He is off the hook. So we can totally have that 'accident child'.
  • Options
    DH got his V back in April, so we are done done.  Ironically I'm thinking of going back on the pill now, though, because my skin has been breaking out and I'm tired of being nearly 34 and still having breakouts. PCOS is a bitch.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I've been using Mirena and will probably get another one after #2.  Maybe after 5 years with Mirena we will talk about DH get a V, but I don't know.  
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • Options
    We haven't really talked about. We are thinking about one to two more kids in our future. I have done really well on the hormonal bc so I think I may stick with that until we decide we are done.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know! I hadn't really thought about it. My bff and my sister both had terrible experiences with IUD, which is rare, but I still have some worries as a result. I like the no-snip tube idea. 
  • Options
    We went the V route.  It is much less invasive.  I have heard some doctors not wanting to do a tubaligation during cesarean if there is a problem with scar tissue. 

I got off the pill asap because I was concerned about the hormones.  Too many people I know are ending up with the side effects of the pill (blood clots..etc). 

• Options
    We are only planning for two. Then I think a V. But I anticipate a long time between a second baby and actually having a V.
  • Options
    Eventually DH will have a V. We aren't sure though if we're going to try for a third after this baby gets here though, so we'll use alternative measures until we decide one way or another. I actually need to talk to my doc about that. I've always been on the pill, but this baby was a result of missing about a week's worth of pills. So obviously I need another option that doesn't require me to remember something daily!
    imageView Full Size Image

• Options
    DH had his V in September so we are done done, unless I change my mind in 3 years and make him get a reversal, but I don't think that's happening.
    image image image

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm thinking eventually DH will get snipped but we haven't really even thought about it as we aren't done yet. I'm not willing to do anything permanent until we are sure we are done.
  • Options
    queenbonequeenbone member
    edited December 2014
    dup
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm loathe to go on the pill but IUD's freak me out. So, charting to avoid & conforms when we are done.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I want DH to get a V like the second this child is born but he is convinced we should wait 5 years "just in case I change my mind." No dude, this is it. So an IUD until then, and a V once my waiting period is up.
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Options
    I got a tubal at the same time of my last c section. We were 100% sure we are two kids and done. A little piece of me is kind of sad but that's what worked best for us.

• Options
    @queenbone >:D<

@ilovemyducks21 I love my nuvaring now... the first month I had some issues with it but I think it was more related to normal after-weaning issues rather than the actual ring, you worry about it once every 3-4 weeks :) I was on the mini-pill for 13 months while BF and I really wonder how I didn't get preggers again as I was forgetting it almost 3 times per week

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"