TTC after 35

GTKY: What Are Your Holiday Plans?

What are you doing for the holidays? Are you participating in a regular tradition, or are you doing something special this year?

@runner76, I encourage you to share if you drop by the board.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: GTKY: What Are Your Holiday Plans?

• We make a visit to both grandparents at some point.  ILs live in town and my parents a couple hours away.  There isn't a set time or agenda, but this year we are seeing them both after Christmas.  Our Christmas tradition is to open stockings at home on Christmas Eve.  There is always a movie in one of the stockings that we watch and we have an appetizer type supper.  DH and I decided we will always be at our own house on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @MySallyGirl‌ I love the movie idea! We always watch one on Christmas Eve when we are with my parents. I like putting it in the stocking, might have to adopt that :)

We are going to DH's family on Christmas Day and then flying to mine on the day after. It's our first married Christmas, so I hope we start doing some of our own traditions that we can keep up if we, god willing, end up with LOs of our own! My family had tons and tons of traditions when I was a kid and I love them all.
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • Loading the player...
  • Wednesday me, my mom, sister, niece and grandma spend all day makin Xmas cookies. We take a day and do that every year.
    The week before Christmas we drive around and look at lights.
    Then Xmas eve we go my inlaws where we eat apps all day and night and play games and open gifts
    Xmas day we have a nice breakfast my hubby, me and son then go to my sisters in afternoon with my family where we go in our pajamas and hang out, open gifts then have a nice meal.

It goes by too fast
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • MH and I are making the long drive to Virginia. We leave Friday night and drive all the way through. I have to work up until Christmas eve but am able to do so remotely.

I have no idea what plans his family has in store but my plan is to eat too much and drink WAY too much lol
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• I work Christmas Eve and get off work 8 am Christmas morning. We are going to my parents at 2 on Christmas day. So I'll try to get a quick nap before hand. DH family lives away so we won't be getting to see them. @wannabmama23 it is our first married Christmas also :) Everyone be safe traveling.
  • Usually we alternate Thanksgiving and Christmas between my family (here) and my IL in Iowa but I couldn't get any time off from work around either holiday. Pretty bummed, I love holidays with DHs family. They like to do destination holidays which I had never done, but now I'm a big fan.

So we will be hosting again, this time having my mom and family come over. My dad out to be with my oldest brother down south. So another year avoided with newly divorced parent holiday drama! Cheers to that!

Safe travels to everyone!
  • Christmas Eve going to church and then my mom's. Christmas Day we open presents at our house. Then presents at my mom and then off to the aunt for dinner.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Christmas eve with a grandmother and thankfully (or not) most the family lives within a 10 mile radius so Christmas day will be running from house to house.  My mom jokes about it being Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter's tea party.  Except for instead of moving for "clean cups" we move to the next "clean house".  Haha... A very merry unbirthday (uh... Christmas) to you... to me?... to you! I love it but it drives DH nuts. 
    me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • Driving to the in-laws'.  I have no idea what they have planned.

Happy holidays, all!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Christmas Eve is typically with my mom's family. It was my grandma's birthday so it was also sort of a joint christmas/bday get together. Now that she's gone it kind of just continues that way. Then we did Thanksgiving with the inlaws so we are doing Christmas at my mom's house - hopefully an early-ish lunch that will give us enough time to swing by BIL's house to see DH's side of the family.

Personally - I'd love to stay home and watch movies together instead. This holiday is super stressful in my family. ugh
  • When we moved to CO, we decided that we will always spend Christmas here. We used to go to Hawaii for the new year, but since we had our kiddo, we opt to go home closer to her birthday instead. We're actually excited this year because we're boarding the dogs and heading up to Mt Rushmore for a couple days after Christmas. I've never been up there and I've been wanting to go for years!

@CML11, where in Iowa? My H's family is in Iowa and we usually go out there for Thanksgiving too!
  • @WinoGrrl it was definitely a nice tradition. New years in Hawaii used to be AMAZING. They banned fireworks on Oahu for new years now though so it isn't nearly as much fun.
  • We also alternate Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family and my DH's family @CML11 and this year we are doing Christmas with my in-laws in southern California. Its not my favorite thing to do but I have to be fair to DH's side of the family too (I guess). They just stress me out, and I don't relax until I get home but it is what it is. We will stay a week since its a long drive (6-8 hours depending). We don't really have any traditions to speak of, but Id like to start something. I also think Christmas in Hawaii would be amazing @flyliceandcoffee !
  • We are flying to Arizona to spend the holidays with the in-laws. We'll probably spend a week and a half. It's wonderful being spoiled by my MIL. She loves to cook and give gifts.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• @flyliceandcoffee‌ Cedar Rapids :smile:
    Where is your DHs family?
  • @flyliceandcoffee‌ last year my fam did Christmas in Hawaii...but we did it the first week in January. I was really hoping that tradition would catch on! Sadly, it did not. But the trip was incredible!
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • @CML11 - ah, eastern Iowa. nice. We go to Perry...itty bitty town about 45 minutes west of Des Moines

@wannabmama23 - you should push for it again next year ;)
  • My DH and I bought a house this year, our first house ever, so we are having our families over to have the first holiday at our house.

Pretty excited but a little nervous about all the food that has to be made. 

Me: 37
    DH: 35
    Married: 9/26/2011
    Hormones: All normal except AMH: Sept 2014 .022, Jan 2015 .05

My Ovulation Chart

My Babies 
  • @waterbaby318‌ We also bought our 1st house this year so we're staying here for Christmas.... also because of ttc, we're going to start iui I'd af shows up next week. His family is in Oregon and mine are in NJ so we'll have friends over for Christmas dinner
    ****Loss Mentioned***
    Me: 41 Him: 41
    TTC since December 2013
    HSG 9/18/14 = Tubes open but T shaped uterus
    IUI #1... 1/6/2015 + 50mg Clomid = BFN
    IUI #2... 1/29 & 30/2015 + 50mg Clomid +Tigger +Progesterone = BFN
    3/14 BFFP! Natural w/acupuncture & herbs only
    EDD = 11/22/15;  No heartbeat = 7/21/15
    Cooper Midnight Johnson born sleeping 7/25/2015

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board