Pre-School and Daycare

Winter coat dilemma

Here in New England, our winters can be pretty wretched. I'm trying to decide on a winter coat for DS, who is 3.5 years old. I'm between a down jacket and a 3 in 1 jacket with fleece liner. The price on both is comparable. Which do you think is the better choice and why?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Winter coat dilemma

• I vote the opposite! I always think down feels warmer. My kids already have fleeces, and zipping the fleece in and out of the three-in-one is a hassle anyway. I'm in Wisconsin and I look for down every year. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I've done both, really.  For in the car you need something thin, like a fleece so the 3 in 1s are great for that if you're in and out of the car a lot (or sometimes we leave the shell at daycare for outside time).  But last year I did just a puffer coat for playing outside because he wore one of his plain old regular fleeces in the car.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • dmndsr4evadmndsr4eva member
    edited December 2014
    Holy cow they make 3 in 1's.  lol.  Where have I been!  I can't get my son to wear his big/warm jacket to save my life.  All he will wear is a fleece and if I'm lucky his hat.  I bought him a down last year and he hated it.  Too big/puffy.  Then this year I got him thinner version that he picked from Gap website and he usually won't wear that either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"