February 2014 Moms
Options

Mom of boys ?

Whenever we take of DS2 diaper off he automatically pulls on his little peepee, not a little tug like I am going to ripe this thing off my body. He causes himself a lot of pain but we can't seem to get him to stop. In the bath we have to keep it covered at all times but he PULLS SO HARD! DS1 never did this, just wondering if others little boys do this and if so, any hints to get him to stop!! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: Mom of boys ?

• Options
    My little guy is pretty rough with his too. It does look like it would hurt, but he keeps doing it, and doesn't cry, so I'm assuming it doesn't hurt him.

Like the others, I try and distract him and give him something else to hold. Although, judging by the amount of time DH spends "adjusting" himself, it doesn't look like the behavior ends any time soon.
  • Options
    LO does not do this (yet) but DS1 did for a while. Like PP have said, it looks like it should hurt but he never cried about it. Do you know he is causing himself pain? I would think that if it hurt that bad he would not continue to do it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I guess I don't know if it causes pain...he continues to do it so maybe it doesn't hurt but his makes a face that I guessing means it hurts. He doesn't cry or anything just pulls. Maybe he doesn't mind it, I will just continue to distract him, I just wish he didn't do it I guess.

• Options

I guess I don't know if it causes pain...he continues to do it so maybe it doesn't hurt but his makes a face that I guessing means it hurts. He doesn't cry or anything just pulls. Maybe he doesn't mind it, I will just continue to distract him, I just wish he didn't do it I guess.

I guess I thought this was a boy thing. LO goes in stages. Sometimes he's fascinated by it, sometimes he doesn't touch. I assumed that it was something I should just get used to.
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    oi. I've read SOOO many "horror" stories about this online. I'm so afraid or LO to find his peepee. my nephew would have his hand down his diaper all day tugging on the damn thing and trying to pull it off, so I'm afraid LO will do the same.

thank goodness not yet. but from what I've read and what people have said, it doesn't hurt them. so i doubt thats anything to worry about.

• Options
    FWIW, my DD's hand immediately goes to her diaper area when we change her, also.

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Options
    Yep, LO does it here too. Doesn't seem to hurt him, but...lots of tugging, pinching, pulling, twisting. Boys are weird...

I distract him with toys in the bath and at diaper change time. But ,eh, it happens anyway sometimes. 
    Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    "Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"