Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Belly Binding

Hi All, I'm dropping by from D14. I'm just wondering if any of you ladies are doing the belly binding and if you recommend the binder that you are using. I'm wanting to order one soon, but I have no clue which ones are good or not! Thanks in advance :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Belly Binding

• Is that a belly bandit?
  • Didn't use one. I figured they didn't work so didn't want to waste my money. :) It just takes time for your belly to go down - I looked at least 6 months pregnant for the first 2 weeks after baby and then the uterus slowly shrinks back down. By six weeks it was back to normal size per OB but there is still a nice little shelf there. I'm telling myself it's never going away, that way if it does over the next few months it's an added bonus! Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • kearls227 said:
    Didn't use one. I figured they didn't work so didn't want to waste my money. :) It just takes time for your belly to go down - I looked at least 6 months pregnant for the first 2 weeks after baby and then the uterus slowly shrinks back down. By six weeks it was back to normal size per OB but there is still a nice little shelf there. I'm telling myself it's never going away, that way if it does over the next few months it's an added bonus! Lol
    Lol! I like your way of thinking :) I did a bit of research last night and I think I am going to try a bellefit. If it doesn't work it's $100. wasted, but I think it's worth a try!
  • I bought the belly bandit for $8 used from someone as I wasn't sure if I'd like it and if it would fit for the hefty price tag. I never used it as it didn't fit for 2 weeks and then it was just uncomfortable so I never used it. Breastfeeding will help your uterus contract quickly.

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Nicb13 said:
    Is this just purely for looks? To get your stomach smaller, quicker? $100 sounds like a waste. I'd just give yourself time. I'm 2.5 weeks pp and my stomach is back to normal.
    Not just for looks, it's supposed to help all your organs go back in place, restore and stabilize your abs, realign the spine and shrink your uterus and from some reviews makes it where you don't bleed as long. 
  • I used a medium belly bandit right after delivery, and within a week I had to order a size small. It worked great for me. By the end of the second week I was back to my pre-pregnancy size. I even fit back into my jeans. I kept wearing it though, it just felt nice to wear, it makes you feel contained. Even though I'm back to the right size, my stomach area is much squishier than before so the belly bandit was nice. I still wear it sometimes, I think they recommend you wear it until six or eight weeks, I don't remember. Hope this helps you out!

Anniversary

image image image image
  • I used a medium belly bandit right after delivery, and within a week I had to order a size small. It worked great for me. By the end of the second week I was back to my pre-pregnancy size. I even fit back into my jeans. I kept wearing it though, it just felt nice to wear, it makes you feel contained. Even though I'm back to the right size, my stomach area is much squishier than before so the belly bandit was nice. I still wear it sometimes, I think they recommend you wear it until six or eight weeks, I don't remember. Hope this helps you out!

I also used the belly bandit. Be prepared to have to purchase more than one!! I started off with medium and used it for about a week. Luckily I was able to get a small one...after two/three weeks that one became too big. I obviously can't get away with getting yet a third belly bandit. I use the bamboo belly bandit. It's much softer than the original so I can wear it all day no problem. I feel like I look smaller than my pre-pregnancy weight. (But after being so big for months, not sure if my mind is playing tricks). I am five weeks pp...and I still wear it. Not sure if it is really doing anything since it is big...but might as well stick it out for one more week. They do recommend wearing it for 6-8 weeks
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought a generic one at BRU for $30 and wore it for 3 weeks after I got out of the hospital. I was surprised at how quickly I dropped weight and my stomach shrunk, but I'm a FTM so I don't know if it would have happened anyway. Even if the postpartum band wasn't responsible, it was worth it for me to feel contained. Like PP said, everything is a lot more squishy now.
  • I wore a hospital-style abdominal binder for the first couple weeks (you could ask your Ob to order you one in the hospital).  Then I wore the Bellefit.  I think it helped quite a bit.
  • Squeem brand waist trainer. I love it, but I'll need a smaller size soon :)
  • Awesome, thank you all! 
  • I didn't bounce back belly wise from my second pregnancy, so I tried it this time. I used the squeem vest, size large, then medium. It was ok. It really dug into my back, so I ended up getting a cheaper waist cincher from Walmart. It is tight enough to have the same effect.
    Anniversary
  • I had an abdomend from Amazon $68, it really helped with my CS, I wish I would have had it with my first.
  • I used a belly bandit and actually really appreciated having the extra support, whether it helped shrink my belly or not.  Breastfeeding also really helps shrink your uterus.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"