August 2014 Moms
Options

GTKY Five year plan

Where do you see yourself in five years?
August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: GTKY Five year plan

• Options
    I want to move to a bigger house in a better school district. Ideally somewhere with two bathrooms and central air. I'd like another kid too. Maybe a couple good night's sleeps?
    August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
  • Options
    Move back east, finish my time in the military and be a SAHM. Hopefully another kid or even two!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same house, 1 more kiddo, hopefully renovated kitchen, and possibly/hopefully SAHM. We are quite content but for those few things and I would love to stay at home but idk if it will be feasible.

August 2014 January Siggy Challenge

• Options
    Hopefully another kid, maybe a different house. Argh...DS would be in 2nd grade by then and DD possibly in K. Sad. I don't want to think about 5 years from now.....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    Same house, though hopefully a new kitchen and master bedroom. One more baby. We are pretty content:)
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• Options
    Hopefully in a different state or at least in a different house. Have my associates in HIT/coding and maybe get a job. Another healthy babe and maybe another on the way. Win the lottery. You know, all the normal stuff.
  • Options
    New house in a new town right across the street from my parents and further away from the ILs, new job, H gets to be a half SAHD while I bring home the bacon.  No more kids for us unless we feel called to adopt an older child.
  • Options
    We will likely be moving next year (same town). Hopefully finished with post-grad school within the next couple years (for good!...maybe!) DSS will be moving in with us this summer, possibly one more LO in a year or two, although, three is feeling good right now.
  • Options
    New house, also in a better school district closer to where both DH and I work.  I'd like to have another kid at that point and another dog.  I'll still be teaching/choreographing at the same district, but hopefully DH will have a better job (not that his current one is bad).
  • Options
    Probably in the same house with another LO and maybe working on number 3. Working from home as a medical transcriptionist (I'm taking the course right now).
  • Options
    Same house, same job, another kid, maybe 2.

• Options
    We plan to be in a new state with DH attending medical school. Hopefully we'll have another LO (or two).
  • Options
    No telling--we're contemplating making career changes but we're not sure in what direction. In that case we would be back in the U.S., but if we stick with our current jobs we'll be in some other random country, possibly with a second LO.
  • Options
    Back on the East Coast with kiddo #2 in a house that we own. I'm so done with renting!

I'm not sure about working at that point - maybe part-time? I'll definitely be involved in local politics, which is where most of my friends and professional contacts are.
  • Options
    Sell the condo and buy a house.
    Have another kid.

I believe that's it.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    two more babies and a paid off mortgage :)
  • Options
    One more LO. Back to teaching full time, both kids attending preschool at the school I teach at. That's pretty much it, unless I find the motivation to finish my masters.
  • Options
    NLewis1 said:
    Same house, though hopefully a new kitchen and master bedroom. One more baby. We are pretty content:)
    This...only add finishing the basement too.
  • Options
    - Sell our condo. Buy a house. If we find the right place this could happen sooner rather than later.
    - Adding to our family: Adopted child, another dog....perhaps another biological child?!?

Hoping we are all happy & healthy!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    DH is military and we have another 3 years here (FL) so IDK where we'll be in 5.  No more LOs in the plans.  Hopefully sell the house we own in IL (not currently living in IL).  So I guess I would like to be closer to my family and closer to DH retirement (then we can choose where we want to live). 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    -One more baby at like the 4 year mark, at least that's whats planned for now. 
    -Either going back to school or at a different job.
    -Out of our tiny 2 bedroom, 1 bath house and in a bigger one.

• Options
    kareik01kareik01 member
    edited December 2014

Well DH and I officially move 1 month from tomorrow into a house where we plan to run our new business out of. So considering we are uprooting our lives and making some very big changes in regards to our financial well-being...we better be making some money off the new business!

At the very least we better still be IN business.... :-SS

ETA and baby #2 ;)

• Options
    Move to our "forever" home--at least forever while the kids are at home.
    Have another kid, possible pregnant with a third.
    Hopefully still staying at home with the babies.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    We will have won the lottery, quit our jobs, and be travelling the world with our two LO's.

JUST IN CASE we don't win the lottery....

Thinking about the future is such a different feeling now that we have a babe.  5 years from now may be about when we are ready to move outside of the city...maybe up state a bit, or Long Island, where we have several friends with kids as well.  If things go according to our loose plan, LO will be 5 and LO#2 will be 2.  That sounds slightly terrifying.

I would love it if my mom would move out here in the next 5 years.

And maybe I will be in a new career.  But what that might be I don't know.  I used to be the Talent Relations Coordinator for the Tribeca Film Festival and I would love to get back into something like that, but those positions do not pay near enough what we need, demand a heck of a lot more time and attention, and are much less stable than my current executive assistant position.
  • Options
    One more kid, HUGE addition to our tiny house, promotion to the next step up the career ladder. :-)
    Mom to Frances, 6, Adam, 4, and baby Lila.
  • Options
    I hope to have 1-2 more kids and be working part time from home in 5 years. Or at least working closer to home. We want to redo our backyard to be kid-friendly but other than that hopefully stay put.
  • Options
    H promoted or has figured out what to do for his own business
    I hope 2 more kids... At least one
    Maybe in a slightly bigger house
    Hopefully SAHM/ working for H if he has his own business

• Options
    -H graduating from nursing school next May (2016)
    - finding a job at a zoo or something related
    - moving wherever said job is
    - buying a house
    - another kid (after I find a job)
                             imageimageimage
              Emma June 8/22/2014
  • Options
    Same house, maybe a few renovations. Not sure we will try for another baby. As of right now, I am very content with DS and my step-daughter, and love their age difference (7.5 years). It is scary to think that in 5 years, SD will be almost 13.
    Hopefully within the next 5 years, DH will be on a different shift at work, or have a new job. Currently he works early afternoon into the late evening/early morning...which is tough because he doesn't get to spend time with the kids during the week. I hope to be able to continue being a SAHM.

• Options
    We need to build a bigger home. DH works from home and it's difficult for him in this house, with 2 large dogs, and two kids. We need a basement with a home office. We live in the best school district already, have a great yard, some great neighbors, we hate to move, but we are splitting at the seams with this house. We don't have a guest room anymore since we had this kid.

We found out I can't have any more kids, after this last birth:(, so two kids is all we will have. We have two large dogs but they are already 5, so we might have a different dog in 5 years. I'll continue to be a SAHM. DH does well being self-employed.

I can't think of any other changes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers daisypath PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Unexplained infertility HSG-clear, DH SA-Great 3 cycles Clomid TI with OB/GYN Switched to RE Jan2011 Feb2011 100mg Clomid + trigger + #1 IUI=BFN Mar. 12,2011 100mg Clomid + Estradiol + #2 IUI BFP 3/20/11, Beta #1 12dpiui 174, Beta #2 17dpiui 1660, Beta #3 21dpiui 6687 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"