September 2014 Moms

Anyone feel like they are cracking from lack of sleep?

I am in such a mental fog and miss having clarity of thought. I'm working 25 hours/week from home and both LO and DD (2 years) are in full time care (but two different places through end of school year because her school doesn't do infant care). My husband works long hours during the week so I basically do everything for the kiddos, and getting them both ready and to school (which takes 40 minutes round trip), working, taking care of house, getting them both home, dinner, bedtime, lunches bottles etc. seriously overwhelms me. LO is waking up a lot at night (12 week growth spurt?) and I'm so exhausted. He's underweight because he got sick (stomach bug) from daycare and lost weight so I am feeding him every time he wakes (too young to train anyway) but I just can't see the light at the end of this tunnel. My work wants me full time in the near future but I feel like I'm hardly able to enjoy my kids as it is, and I don't know what needs to change but something does. Our families are not close to help. I don't know if I need to stop nursing and get on some anti-anxiety meds like Zoloft, (which I hate to do but might be helpful for my sanity and formula help him sleep longer?), switch his schedule to get him to sleep better at night (he's eating pretty often right now and all the books I've read say he needs to stretch his feeds more to help him STTN), hire someone to help me with something, or stop working or cut back working. We are doing okay financially so I don't need to work, but I tried being a SAHM before LO was born and couldn't do it. I am not sure what to do but I feel like I'm cracking from stress and fatigue. Anyone else relate? Any suggestions?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone feel like they are cracking from lack of sleep?

• If you don't need to work maybe look into taking FMLA leave (if you didn't already). Not sure if you can or not either. But I think it's 90 days unpaid and you need sign off from a doctor. But that might give you the option to get a better schedule for LO without being a full SAHM. And then get back to work with a fresher mind. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No suggestions but I can relate...went back to a full time job this week and lo still wakes up to eat 2-3 times per night. This first week I survived but I'm just waiting for my body and mind to give out.
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel you! I have daily migraines from lack of sleep LO wakes every 2 hours still..seriously kid..WHY?!? I have a toddler who is very exhausting and I go back to work Tuesday .. I am on paxil and it does help my anxiety buy I'm still overwhelmed and beyond sleep deprived. I formula feed by the way..this is why I chose not to BF this time around I was beyond stressed and overwhelmed and couldn't keep up as is but as you can see formula doesn't always help the sleep (unless hubby is feeding and u get to sleep still)/good luck
  • I feel you sister!! I hit my breaking point and felt myself starting to resent DH and LO so I knew something had to give. I packed up and flew home with LO so my family could help a bit. Work has been 60 hrs a week lately from home and on the road then right into mommy mode with no break. But I still feel like my performance at work is shit because my brain isn't functioning so then I feel the need to work even longer. I've decided after the holidays I just have to bite the bullet and hire more help to offload some stuff and give myself and DH some breathing room.

Whatever you have to do to find some "me" time to re energize, try to make it happen!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"