Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Swim Lessons

Anyone do swim lessons with their babies?  What age did/do you start...I was reading that most places (in my area anyway) start at 3 months.  I am planning a Hawaii trip next fall so I wanted to get my LO some time in the water first ;)  I have to admit I'm a little nervous about it!

Thanks!

<<a href="http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers>

Re: Swim Lessons

• Options
    I've been taking DS to the local swim school since he was 6 weeks old. He'll be 5 months on Sunday, and loves the water. Up until 6 months, they don't put the babies under water it's just a fun class to get them use to the water. At 6 months they start working on finding the wall if they fall in, floating and those types of things, and putting them under water. I live in FL so DH and I wanted to get DS use to the water as soon as possible. We don't have a pool, but live near so much water, it was important to us.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I've been taking DS to the local swim school since he was 6 weeks old. He'll be 5 months on Sunday, and loves the water. Up until 6 months, they don't put the babies under water it's just a fun class to get them use to the water. At 6 months they start working on finding the wall if they fall in, floating and those types of things, and putting them under water. I live in FL so DH and I wanted to get DS use to the water as soon as possible. We don't have a pool, but live near so much water, it was important to us.
    Awesome!  We live in Alaska so the water situation is a big different here..LOL!  He won't be getting into natural water here for a while!  He loves his baths so I figure he will love the pool too!  Thanks for sharing your experience!
    <<a href="http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lessons are open to babies starting at 4m here. I started at around 6m with both of them.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    DD is getting swim lessons for Christmas :) They start at 6 months around here. We have a boat so I want her used to the water before boating season.

Engaged: 7/19/09 Married: 9/19/10
    BFP: 10/14/13 EDD: 6/16/14 DD Arrived: 6/21/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June '14 Siggy Challenge: Warm Places

• Options
    In my land-locked area, baby swimming lessons start at 6 months and DS is going to start next month :) I'm really excited, since H and I love to swim, so it's a fun excuse to hop in the pool and DS likes his baths.
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
  • Options
    What are your thoughts on Infant Swim Resource? I'm leaning toward that swim method, but I am a little worried about it. Some of my friends have had great success with it.
  • Options
    Here in Texas all the YMCA's and other swim places start at 6 months. Due to high cost, we might just wait for the Y by our house that we have our membership at to do ones during the summer (the swim place I looked at was almost $500 for 3, maybe 4 months!).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"