September 2014 Moms
Options

Cradle cap

ds has cradle cap so bad right now. If your LO had it what did you use to clear it up? Thanks!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Cradle cap

• Options
    My lo had a mild case on his forehead and along his hairline. I used the mustela foaming shampoo and it worked great. It only took one wash for us, but the smell was horrible. Tons of people that reviewed it on Amazon love the smell but dh kept saying lo smelled like an old lady....

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just used her reg shampoo and lightly scrubbed her head with her brush in the bath. On her forehead I lightly ran a wet wash cloth on it. I tried coconut oil but it really didn't help. Then I got aquaphor and started using a humidifier at night. That really helped.

Ped said it doesn't bother baby and not to worry about it. He said it's just dandruff and if really bothered us we could use head and shoulders. This was not worth the risk of getting it in her eyes. He said it'll go away when thicker more permanent hair comes in.
    Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used coconut oil and it worked for us. I let it sit on her head for about an hour, then used a baby comb and combed her hair. It all came out really easily (pretty gross though, I will admit. Have a towel ready to wipe your comb off). Hasn't come back since.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Jen9608 said:
    I used coconut oil and it worked for us. I let it sit on her head for about an hour, then used a baby comb and combed her hair. It all came out really easily (pretty gross though, I will admit. Have a towel ready to wipe your comb off). Hasn't come back since.

We did something similar to this, coconut oil on the head for an hour before bath time then used a soft brush in the bath tub to scrub his scalp.

It worked, but damn it's hard to get the coconut oil out!

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Options

We were told to wash DS's hair everyday, but that did zero good. My mom then suggested after we wash his hair to put a little bit of baby oil on the crown where the problem is. Let it dry and then use a soft baby brush and it will "brush out." I was skeptical because I had heard that the cause of CC was excessive oil, so I couldn't see how this could help.

It worked - he hasn't had a flake since and we do it as part of his regular bathing ritual now. And he smells so nice. :)

• Options
    I rubbed olive oil on DD's head and left it on for 10 mins then bathed her as usual. After I brushed her head really well. It worked great!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Olive oil here too. Combed with fine comb and it has never come back. It did take several washings to get rid of the olive oil though.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Head and shoulders over here and it worked great! Only had to use it twice! Good luck
  • Options
    I third Olive Oil. Only had to use it once and it was gone. I used a comb to lightly scrap his head to start to get it to fall off.
  • Options
    Pedi recommended Selsun Blue. It got rid of the big stuff, but she's still got a little cradle cap going on. I may try coconut oil if it sticks around for another week.

image Baby Girl born September 23, 2014

• Options
    I put lotion on DS head and massage his little noggin for a bit and brush his hair everything morning and he doesn't have it anymore
  • Options
    Ugh... I wish I could get rid of it. I have done olive oil a couple times. But I think I need to be more diligent about brushing his hair. 
  • Options
    My baby had a severe cradle crap case that moved to ears ... Used baby oil, left couple hours, used fine comb to remove it then used eucerine eczema shampoo ... Repeated couple time and now baby is cradle crap free
    We all know how awful the smell and the thing looks but pediatrician said doesn't bother the baby AT ALL hope it helps !!
  • Options
    We have been using the normal baby shampoo with her soft bristle brush in the bath. It's been working well. Her pedi recommended baby oil.
  • Options
    We have tried everything from olive oil to baby oil with no relief! We are now using an antifungal ointment and dandruff shampoo. It is a really bad case and won't get better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"