Infertility

Starting IVF

Hello everyone:  

I am 41 years old, and my husband I have been trying to get pregnant for over 6 mos.  I went to my doctor, and then was referred to IVF.  I was also told to go to my local hospital to have a HSG procedure.  After being nervous about it, the doctor said it couldn't be done, and asked if I ever had surgery or any scar tissue.  I said, "no", and then I became worried.  Thinking what could the problem be…..in the meantime my husband's spern count came out great, so it's just me.  Right?!?  I am waiting(unfortunately) to get my period, so I could start Clomid..hopefully this new year will bring some luck to me(us)!

Re: Starting IVF

• Not sure what you mean by "it couldn't be done" but I know at my HSG the doc asked those same questions about surgery and scar tissue.  The answers were 'No," but they had asked the question because there was some unknown tissue that they could see in my uterus.  They were looking for a reason why it was there and what it could be.  The ultrasound wasn't a good enough picture for them to determine what it was.  So we went on to hysteroscopy to remove it.  If it was me, I'd ask what the problem with the HSG was, why they couldn't do it (if that is the case), and if there's another step like hysteroscopy to remove whatever they saw.  Cause if there's something in there like polyps or fibroids, or your tubes are blocked, your chance of success goes way, way down even with Clomid.  Are you with a reproductive endocrinologist?  If not, I'd highly suggest that as well.

All welcome
    Me (35), DH (32) married in May 2013
    Dx PCOS 2006 DX hypothyroid 2013
    11/2013-Hysteroscopy to remove mystery scar tissue
    11/2013 IUI #1 using Femara and Repronex- switched to IVF for too many follies and then cancelled due to lack of growth after more than three weeks of playing with the meds
    1/2/14 New doc, new office: Add Metformin 1500mg, Synthroid increased to 75mcg, bunch of OTC supplements
    1/28/14 ER # 1 and 2 (yes, that's two ERs in one cycle...long story) 14R, 14M, 12F, 5 made it to blast for CCS biopsy
    2/25/14 CCS results in: three healthy frosties!!
    4/10/14 FET cancelled due to mucus and lining.  Different med protocol for FET 1.2
    5/2/14 Transfer of one CCS'd and completely hatched 6 day blast
    5/11/14 BFP!!!   First Beta 99  5/13/14 Second Beta 170

• First off, hugs and good luck with everything. This is a roller coaster ride and you'll learn a lot of things that never even crossed your mind before. Re: your comment that 'it's just me, Right?'…maybe, maybe not.  I'd suggest reading as much as you can and using that info to ask a lot of questions. There are a lot of things my DH and I believed that turned out to be so wrong it kind of makes me laugh now. I agree with SuperPsi, ask questions and see if you can get in with a reproductive endocrinologist.  Hang in there!
    Me:41  DH: 46 high count but poor motility & morphology
    TTC on and off since 2005

July 2012: Infertility tests started at OB/Gyn, HSG and HSN all clear
    Sept 2012: IUI #1 w/Clomid - BFN
    Oct 2012: IUI #2 w/Clomid - cancelled due to cyst
    Nov 2012: IUI #3 w/Clomid - BFN
    Break to move and find new PCP, OB/Gyn & RE
    Sept 2013: first appt with RE
    Nov / Dec 2013: IVF #1 with ICSI split
      Dec 6: Retrieval, 4 retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized
      Dec 11: Transferred 1 (Day 5)
      Dec 30:  HCG Beta, 4980. BFP!
     1 little bean!
    EDD: August 28 30 2014
    LO Arrived! August 31 2014

All Welcome!

image image
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Along with everything that has already been said, I'm confused as to why your title says starting IVF but then at the end you said you are going to start Clomid this next cycle.  You really need to be seeing an RE and having additional tests done before moving forward.  If you have blocked tubes or other issues, Clomid will not help you anyways.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Hi everyone…thanks for all your advice.  Yes. I am going to IVF(RE), and I had blood work and an ultrasound done yesterday.  Everything came out great.  I do start taking 2 pills for 5 days on Wed., of the Clomid.  So- basically we should be having sexual intercourse everyday, since the chances increase to concieve are higher once I take Clomid. Will keep you posted! 
  • Well I went to an IVF clinic.
  • So yesterday was the implantation, and they were only able to get one egg out of 2 retrieved on Saturday.  That one egg formed 8 embryos, which I think is good.  Now the waiting period continues, and I have a blood pregnancy test on 4-26-14.  I could use all the prayers, and virtual hugs!

;;)
  • DlestchDlestch member
    edited December 2014
    I am happy to let everyone that I got the news from my 2nd IVF doctors(this is my third try), that I am pregnant!  I was shocked, and surprised!  After getting the call, I went home, and took the HPT, and sure enough it came out positive!!  I am just like Bobbie Thomas; she found out 5 days earlier.  So- yes this is still the very early stages,  but my husband & I have our first ultrasound on Friday.  The only thing that is still gross is the endometrin. 
  • This original post was from December 2013??? What?
    Glad the OP came back 1 year later for a drive by BFP. Obviously we were all anxiously awaiting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"