Multiples

Very specific stroller question (calling parents of three+)

Hi all, I'm sorry for starting another stroller thread, but I didn't want to hijack the other one. I hope I'm not cluttering up the board too much. I have two-year-old who will be almost three when the twins arrive. I am looking for a very specific type of stroller. I want a travel system (preferably one that already goes with the Britax infant seats I have from my daughter) that can also accommodate her. I saw the City Select and it looks good, but the only option for a third child is a glider board. I'm worried she won't want to/won't be able to stand on it for longer outings. I would love to find a travel system with a joey seat. Does such a thing exist? Do the glider boards work better than I think? Thank you!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Very specific stroller question (calling parents of three+)

• Well I replied in the last thread I have a dbl snap n go right now but I havet gone out with the twins and my 3 yr old. I figure if I need to go grocery shopping I'll push the snap n go and pull a cart with ds in it.

Then as babies get bigger I just ordered the beco Gemini to carry a twin so ds has the option of riding in the stroller.

My other thought is that if I'm doing a full day outing where ds would need a stroller then ill prob have dh with me and he can push the single bob and I can push the dbl stroller

I couldn't find any triple strollers I like and with ds already being 3 I know his stroller riding days are numbered and I didn't want to spend a lot on a stroller. I ended up getting my city mini GT double for $378.
    Diagnosed MFI- low sperm count  
    DS-Born 7/27/11 After 2 years of IF we have our little man
    TTC#2 January 2013
    11 Medicated cycles gave us
    B/G Twins born 10/8/14 @ 32 weeks
  • I have a Joovy Twin Roo snap and go for my twins, and my two-year-old rides on this:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AQLGO2/ref=br_it_dp_o_nS_ttl?ie=UTF8&colid=171AZPIFKASDR&coliid=I556AEQCR6N0B
    It has the option to be a stand or a seat (with a belt...not the greatest belt, but it works).  He loves it and feels special riding on it.  I have a 4 year old as well and every once in a while she will hop on too!  The attachment can hook on any stroller that has a bar at the bottom, so hopefully you will find a britax compatible one that works!
    DD- Born 03/09/2010
    DS- Born 01/21/2012
                                              Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Loading the player...
  • chickaboo1974chickaboo1974 member
    edited December 2014
    A mom in my twin group  has a Valco tri mode twin double with a joey seat and a glider board.  She has 4 kiddos- 4.5 yr old, twins 3.5 and a year old.  It seems to work for her.
  • We have a Valco with joey seat but you can't snap car seats in to it with the joey seat on it. My oldest was 3 when trips where born he used a sit and stand once bewas over stroller. My triplets just turned 3 and don't want to be in stroller either maybe mine are weird lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you all so much! Very helpful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Truthfully, an almost 3 yo is unlikely to use a stroller much at all. If you are concerned about doing things by yourself, things that worked for me were:
    Shopping - put 3yo in cart, pull dsng or other double tandem behind you (or vice versa).
    Doctors appts or similar - he holds my hand and girls are in the stroller.

Anything were they may be more free or longer event (mall, party, park etc), I have a second adult with me or I don't go. I just can't physically watch 3 at the same time. Either the 3 yo is off and running and I have to leave the babies to corral him, or the babies distract me and I lose track of the 3yo. For events where I had the second adult, I also will throw a single umbrella stroller in the basket under the double just in case. I think I've used it once. Maybe twice.

Now that the girls walk it's even more important for me to have a second adult. We play zone defense. We went to a birthday party at a park. I don't think either of us talked to an adult for longer than a sentence at a time.

At any rate, what I'm trying to say is, I wouldn't spend money on a triple stroller unless the older child was less than 2 at the time of the birth. My son was 2 years and 2 weeks and I have never felt the need for a triple stroller.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• I have the Valco Zee Two with joey seat for my 2.5 year old daughter and10 month old twins. It's a life saver! I also have a snap n go and hate it. It's so hard to maneuver, impossible with one hand. As a mom with babies and a toddler, I would try to find something that you can steer with one hand. Every week I take the kids to the grocery store and pull the cart with one hand and steer the stroller with the other. I tried it once with the snap and go and I left the store feeling so exhausted and frustrated. My zee two makes it so much easier! I don't use the joey seat as much now that my daughter is a "big girl" and wants to walk but it's awesome to have.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"