January 2014 Moms

croup

It sucks. I feel so sad for my little guy. Anybody else had a little one with croup?

Re: croup

• no experience here but you have all my sorries.  hoping your LO gets better soon. 

• My DD#1 has gotten it every winter :( It sucks. If you don't already have one, get a humidifier. A cool mist one is better, but either will work. Also, if you need to, turn on your shower really hot, you and baby go in the bathroom and shut the door, hang out for 10 minutes or so. The humidity will help open their airway back up. Or dress baby warmly and bring baby outside. The cold air + humidity can also help.

The other thing I do, is make sure the monitor is up extra loud or I sleep in her room so I can hear if she needs me in the middle of the night.

We usually only 2 or 3 bad nights and then will continue to use the humidify "just to be safe" for about a week. So hopefully your LO's passes quickly too.
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks guys. It's the worst I feel so bad. He gets so scared when he coughs
  • Yes, it's no fun. Both my kids got it this summer. Hope he feels better soon!! :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• versedversed member
    edited December 2014
    It's awful. We've already had three cases and "winter" hasn't even started yet!

Double what others said: humidifier, steamy bathrooms, and cold night air.

More pediatricians are giving the steroids after night one, even with mild cases, since it keeps the symptoms from worsening - it doesn't hurt to ask for them!

Hope LO feels better!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • He's on prednisolone, if no improvement he gets an injection. I think maybe we're doing a little better he seems to be able to breath easier.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"