Toddlers: 24 Months+

A little weird, anyone else?

My daughter has this habit of rubbing her hand under my armpit!! I have never witnessed another child show this behavior. It seems to act like a pacifier( which she stopped taking around 4mos), it can calm her when she is upset, and she does it when she is tired. I have to admit when she first started I thought it was cute, her mouth worked like she had a pacifier and it probably first started around 14mos, but now she is 24mos and I am going to have to find another soothing method for her because this is driving me crazy and she is too old to do this in public. Anyone else have similar 'soothing' stories?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}

Re: A little weird, anyone else?

• ClaryPax said:

DD used to put her hands down my shirt.  I think it is common with BF babies.  It took a couple months after weaning her to break the habit.  I just kept moving her hand back to a more appropriate place.

My daughter was FF and she does this, too.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • I was going to post a question like this too!
    DD always puts her arms down my shirt, up my sleeves, down her shirt/pants, etc to help soothe herself and also when she's tired. She did it to me at the dr's office last week and the dr asked about it and said she'd never seen that before. lol...i was wondering just how uncommon it is.

• Loading the player...
  • ClaryPax said:
    DD used to put her hands down my shirt.  I think it is common with BF babies.  It took a couple months after weaning her to break the habit.  I just kept moving her hand back to a more appropriate place.
    Mine still does that at 3.  I don't think he even realizes he's doing it.  Although now I usually say something like "um excuse me mister, what are you doing?" he responds with a smark aleck reply like "I dropped my bottle cap" or "I thought there was candy down there."
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Dd does this and she easy eff. She has always put her hands down my shirt. Now she asks what's these?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • My DD used to and still will rub my ear or face when she's tired. She started doing it when we would rock her with her night time bottle as a baby. To this day if she is sitting with me to read her bedtime story or when she sneaks in my bed at night, I feel her little hand creep over to rub my face or ear. It was also cute as a baby but now is seriously annoying in the middle of the night.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"