July 2014 Moms

Re: UO Thursday

• livkightlivkight member
    edited December 2014
    I think I generally prefer Cool Whip to Reddi Whip. But they're both a sorry excuse for real whipped cream.

ETA correct words

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • There's a christmas program at daycare tonight. I think having my 4 month old kid in it is dumb. I'm annoyed I have to go sit through it. But I feel like I will be judged if we declined to participate. Not sure if this is UO or FFFc.
    That is dumb...what do they do?  Just sit there and squirm?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• bullybutt said:
    There's a christmas program at daycare tonight. I think having my 4 month old kid in it is dumb. I'm annoyed I have to go sit through it. But I feel like I will be judged if we declined to participate. Not sure if this is UO or FFFc.
    That is dumb...what do they do?  Just sit there and squirm?
    I guess! The teachers are going to sing or something.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I think Gender Reveals are dumb. I have to go to one in 15 minutes at work. The only redeeming thing is cupcakes.

FFS. At work!?
  • Yup, and they weren't even good cupcakes. Dammit.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Don't leave us all hanging, @SuperTinkerham‌. I can't go on with my life until I know whether it was a pink or blue cupcake.
  • I had a gender reveal party. But the cupcakes were huge and the best tasting I've ever had. I also brought cupcakes to work for people. So I guess my uo is that I think they are fun.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Once we get pregnant with #2 (God willing of course), I think I want to be Team Green
     I preferred it!

• bullybutt said:

Once we get pregnant with #2 (God willing of course), I think I want to be Team Green

I preferred it!

What did you like the most? How did you fend off the crazy comments? I have a feeling everyone I know will flip a shit.
  • Once we get pregnant with #2 (God willing of course), I think I want to be Team Green
     I preferred it!
    What did you like the most? How did you fend off the crazy comments? I have a feeling everyone I know will flip a shit.

Once we get pregnant with #2 (God willing of course), I think I want to be Team Green
     I preferred it!
    Everyone did bitch about it...constantly.  I just laughed and told them to get over it because it wasn't happening.  I made sure to turn my head and ensure that the tech didn't tell us during the 20 week scan.  I like the anticipation and had no issues, not knowing.  It was the light at the end of the tunnel and just the thought of finding out once he/she was "out" made the anticipation much better.  I still had a baby shower (with DS#1) and was able to purchase everything we needed in neutral things, which was brilliant in hindsight because #2 was a girl.  People were still able to buy them things after being born, which was better, because then I had clothes to actually fit them in the season that they needed. 

• edited December 2014
    ^ this. I have soooo many clothes for DD that she will never wear because of sizes and seasons!

UO: I don't buy clothes for gifts for baby showers. Mainly because of the above.

Edited: hard to type with sleeping DD laying in my arms. Currently on hour two of afternoon napping!
  • ^ this. I have soooo many clothes for DD that she will never wear because of sizes and seasons! UO: I don't buy clothes for gifts for baby showers. Mainly because of the above. Edited: hard to type with sleeping DD laying in my arms. Currently on hour two of afternoon napping!
    I've NEVER bought clothes for a shower gift.  I'm more of a practical giver and load up on the things that people don't like buying (diapers, lotions, soaps, etc)  Plus my taste in clothes might differ from the mom and you never know when someone is going to have a super chunk or a string bean.

• bullybutt said:

I'm trying real hard to hang on to this board.  I can't FB at work.  I'm slowing making Parenting as my new home. 

bullybutt said:

I'm trying real hard to hang on to this board.  I can't FB at work.  I'm slowing making Parenting as my new home. 

Two quotes! Anyway I appreciate you trying to stick with us!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I think it looks stupid having a baby wear a bib other then when they're eating.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think it looks stupid having a baby wear a bib other then when they're eating.
    You must not have a constant drooler. LOs shirt will be soaked if I don't put a bib on him.
    Ditto. F wdrools, raspberries and pukes his way through 5 outfits a day and it would be way more if we didn't wear bibs/bibdannas
    Baby boy "F" was born on 7/11/14!!

• @iheartmyshiba‌ we were team green and I still remember the moment I found out... It was such a long grueling delivery that and they put him on my chest so fast, I literally asked DH "so???" He was so caught up in moment he hadn't looked yet, and the Drs didn't announce it. So DH picks up the little baby and then says "we have a boy!" I still remember the excitement and look on his face, it was priceless and so very much with the wait

@Jbosarge85‌ my LO spits up all day long... So he gets bibs all day. But I also hate them cause they look dumb in pictures. Sigh.

My UO: I'm really annoyed with family members asking for Xmas lists... The fun in Xmas is investigating and finding the right gift for someone... Not having them send you a bulleted list with web links. And to those who might say "but what if you get something you didn't want??" ... Um, it's a gift (add emphasis), be great full.

Otherwise we might as well just exchange cash.... Imagine the fun surprises we'd get Xmas morning "what mint is YOUR 50$ bill from?!?. Ooh, San Francisco?! So exotic" ...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm trying real hard to hang on to this board.  I can't FB at work.  I'm slowing making Parenting as my new home. 
    This kind of makes me want to go lurk parenting for a while. I have found ways to keep my daily bump going strong. Priorities.
    I'm so jealous that they did Secret Santa!
    We did this on my BMB with DS1 but I think because of the whole Jensavicci catfish thing happening when it did, it never even crossed my mind to suggest it here. I can't imagine many people would have been jumping at the chance to give out their address to strangers right after that.

Maybe if there was interest we could do something for the babies' first birthdays? Either a gift/book exchange for the kids...or for the moms as a reward for surviving the first year.
  • I totally get the whole creepy factor thing. I just thought it was cool. I wasn't really sure how they did it as it seemed one person was in charge of tracking packages and such, I thought maybe somehow they kept addresses private. Somehow. Okay, that might not make sense.
    If they used Elfster, I think only the person who draws your name sees your address. And maybe the person running the gift exchange.

You must not have a constant drooler. LOs shirt will be soaked if I don't put a bib on him.
    DS does drool but not enough to soak clothes usually he's chewing on his hand so his hands are soaked.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My girls will SOAK their shirts in their jumparoos, then I'd have to change them, and I'd rather just put bibs on/off than change them. I hang it on the side of the jumparoo so they're right there now. It's just less hassle. I sometimes have them wear bibs if we're going somewhere so they can at least arrive dry/clean looking, even if we end up leaving drooly (or changing clothes, depending on severity). The drool is crazy. We did the same with DS.
    This is us exactly. I can't not have a bib on Spencer. We go through, like, 3 bibs a day!
  • Baylor always wears a bib. Always.
    image.

DS does drool but not enough to soak clothes usually he's chewing on his hand so his hands are soaked.
    All three of mine are super droolers and I never have used bibs for anything other than meals either. Not only can I not find bibs that match outfits, I can be super absent minded and worry I would put baby down for a nap without remembering to take it off.

• bullybutt said:

bullybutt said:

This kind of makes me want to go lurk parenting for a while. I have found ways to keep my daily bump going strong. Priorities.

You should.  I saw where @iheartmyshiba and @emilillies have commented on things.  You WILL get ignored and looked over for the most part, but if you keep butting your way in and staying relentless like a fat kid after a donut, then you will eventually become somewhat recognizable.  It's a hilarious board to follow. 

I've been creeping and love titting on that board. I figure the love titting makes my presence known so if I comment I might not look completely random. I'll be a slightly familiar creeper. Like @bullybutt said, it is really funny to follow, however, it's like a full time job because it moves so quickly.

Moves quickly is like an understatement. I fully intend on being a full time lurker with random flame free posts lol. I also frequent breastfeeding, SAHM, and the 3-6 month board but J14 will always be where I feel most comfortable I think.

Anyone else who is planning to have more kids dreading another BMB filled with new BMB drama and crazies? For some reason I was thinking about this. Probably because I feel nauseous for no reason and have another week yet before my monthly POAS date.
  • I spent a lot of time on Parenting over the summer. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"