July 2012 Moms

Christmas Morning

What do YOU eat Christmas morning?

We usually don't do anything special but I have a few people coming over Christmas morning so I don't have to drag the kids around to tons of places and I said I'd make breakfast.....

Re: Christmas Morning

• jfresh said:
    I am making cinnamon rolls in the crockpot and an egg, potato, and sausage casserole. I might even brown the sausage night before and buy frozen diced potatoes. I won't want to spend all morning cooking and cleaning. https://recipesthatcrock.com/crock-pot-cinnamon-roll-casserole/ I've never made it but it looks pretty easy so I want to try it.
    oooh thanks! I was thinking of doing a casserole thing in my crockpot. pinterest has too many options.

• I will say I have done an egg, sausage, cheese casserole in the crock pot overnight and it was not good, so be careful unless you have a timer and cook it for only a few hours.

We are doing cinnamon rolls, french toast, sausage and bacon.  I may do a casserole in the oven like  @jfresh though.

Hubby said French toast last night. ive never done it. hmmmmm....aybe a French toast casserole in the Crockpot? ive seen those.

• Loading the player...
  • Okay sounds like Im on the right track. Sweet breakfast with a touch of salt lol

• We always have cinnamon rolls because then we go for brunch at my moms. But this year we aren't doing brunch so I might do a french toast casserole
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We go to my mom's house Christmas morning for breakfast. She usually makes scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns (home fries? ... fried potatoes.), cinnamon rolls and biscuits.

OT of food, but I really wish we could stay home on Christmas day, all day. Not that I don't love my mom and sisters, but now that I have a family of my own it's just.... idk. It's such a hectic day now. See what Santa brought at our house, go to my mom's for breakfast and open presents there, naptime, go to IL's for Christmas dinner and more presents. It's fun, but exhausting. 
    aimeefarrahfowler yea. we used to do our Christmas, go to the in laws, then my moms, then cousins to eat, then my grandparents and be gone from 7am to 10pm. Hubby and I put our foot downbecause now that lilah is older We feel its not fair to her to take her away from her new toys. We are still going to my grandparents because theyre too old to drive but i'll take one place over a billion. I told everyone they are welcome to come to our house to see the kids and have Christmas with us.

• mightybee said:
    My mom makes Christmas brunch and I have carried on the tradition when we're not at her house for Christmas.

I usually do a blueberry bread pudding with cream cheese and maple syrup, cheesy potatoes, scones, Mexican breakfast casserole, bacon.

Mmmm...

What kind of sorcery is that!? omg

• mightybee said:
    It's a really easy one, too:

Blueberry Maple Breakfast Bake
    boom. Making that yummy goodness.

• this thread is making me hungry

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"