July 2015 Moms
Options

anti-nausea smoothies

MigdaliaRoseMigdaliaRose member
edited December 2014 in July 2015 Moms
Hello all,

I've heard that smoothies can be a great way to get food in when you are nauseous because they are cold and not solid.  I finally got a blender and am excited to make my first smoothie (and possibly not vomit)!  Do you have any particular ideas/recipes of what would be easy on the stomach?  I've already thrown up a Jamba Juice smoothie and my nurse thinks it could be because orange juice is acidic.  I also know that very sweet things make me feel sick, so I want to avoid adding sweeteners.  I guess I'm looking for advice on some easy to handle ingredients, things to avoid, or recipes that have worked for you.  Thanks for sharing if you have the time!

Re: anti-nausea smoothies

• Options
    I've been having banana and peanut butter with ice and milk in the ninja for breakfast everyday.
  • Options
    Ginger is supposed to be good for nausea, so I have been adding ginger to my smoothies. I am not sure it it's helping or not, but my nausea is a little better this pregnancy.

Something simple like yogurt and bananas would be a good way to start. I personally do not like bananas though, so the thought of that actually makes me sick. So I have been doing pumpkin (puree) and yogurt with just a little bit of berry.
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Haven't tried it for nause but I've always liked buying the mixed frozen fruit bags in the freezer aisle at the store and blending with yogurt, or icecream, and maybe a little milk (almind milk) sugar if needed.

I personally love strawberries and peach!

It's nice because the frozen fruit packs more actual food than ice, and keeps for so long.
  • Options
    jlucaljlucal member
    edited December 2014
    One of my favorites is almond milk, banana, peanut butter and chocolate (I add choc protein powder) but any form of chocolate will do....  Bananas are suppose to help ease nausea.

Also I agree with Errsbear11.  Yogurt and frozen fruit would be good. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    CALEO said:
    I stopped adding ginger after reading it was linked to miscarriage in large quantities. Just FYI.
    Do you have a link to the source?
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Options
    I use chocolate protein powder and add ice, almond milk, peanut butter, and banana. This one seems like the popular combo, it's delicious.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"