Pittsburgh Babies
Options

Moving to PGH Suggestions Needed

I am in my first trimester and we are moving to PGH. We will be living in North Hills area and we have Aetna insurance. I have been doing some research on ob-gyns and hospitals in the area and have some questions and need some suggestions.

Magee vs. West Penn (or UPMC vs AHN)

Both are in our network. Any pointers on which may be better? Are there any significant cost differences?

Any suggestions for OB-Gyns? I would like if their offices are in the north hills/Wexford area or do you think even traveling to the city will be okay? I would prefer a practice with at least a few doctors rather than single doctor practice. It will be also great if they have their own ultrasound/lab etc. so that I wouldn't have to go to two different places.

Re: Moving to PGH Suggestions Needed

• Options
    Magee!  I used them for my IVF treatments and am now using Womancare Associates, which has offices in Wexford and Passavant Hospital in the North Hills (I also live in the NH).  You can request a particular doctor with Womancare, but I will take first available.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I loved everything about my experience with West Penn Hospital and Seasons OBGYN
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD on a recent trip to London. 3 yrs old.
    EDD 4/7/18
    MC 5/20/17 @8 wks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've used Premier Women's Health in Sewickley for years, and currently am on my third pregnancy with them.  I think they're a great practice.  They deliver at Hertiage Valley Sewickley and 5 doctors that deliver.  Sewickley was a wonderful place to deliver IMO.  The ultrasound technicians are part of the office, and are on the other side of the hall from the OB office.  They're considered part of AHN.
  • Options
    I live in the North Hillls and had my baby at Magee. I had a great experience and will be having my second baby there (tomorrow actually).

I go to Womancare north located at a passavant hospital in the north hills. There are about 8 doctors and a few nurse mudwives that I have seen. I really like all of them.

Welcome to the area. If you have any others questions I love talking about Pittsburgh!!

And congrats on your pregnancy!

• Options
    Congrats to you. I had my baby at magee and also went to womancare associates. I went to the office in magee because it's the closest option for me but I do know they also have offices in different areas. Good luck to you
  • Options
    I had my baby in October at Magee and had w wonderful experience. I saw Womancare Associates as well. Good luck and congratulations on your pregnancy!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"