Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Changing Pad Suggestions

Hi!

I am 32 weeks with our first and an active poster on other boards. I haven't been involved on this one since the baby isn't here yet, but thought it would be a good place to post this question.

We are having trouble figuring out a changing pad situation. We have a small-ish vintage dresser in the nursery, probably 36'' wide. I bought a 30'' 4 sided pad online. (https://www.amazon.com/LA-Baby-Sided-Changing-White/dp/B000KU5A9G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1418327346&sr=8-2&keywords=la+baby+changing+pad) and we put it in there. I just don't love how it looks and wonder how practical a changing pad really is. So here are my questions...

How often do you use the changing pad? 
How often do you use the safety straps?
Did you prefer to just change the baby on the floor or another surface?
STMs - When did your baby outgrow the changing pad/start wiggling too much for it to be safe?

Thanks!

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Changing Pad Suggestions

• Options
    We use our changing pad multiple times during the day. It's where DD has at least 2 diaper changes, where she gets dressed for the day and undressed for bath time (because she likes to pee when her diaper is off). I also sometimes lay her in it and let her hang out naked cause she loves it. I've only used the straps a couple times when she was really little because I was too paranoid.
  • Options
    leela02leela02 member
    edited December 2014
    My DD is 9wo and occasionally poops and pees during diaper changes, so a changing pad is really useful then!

I hate changing her on the floor. It was fine for the first couple of weeks but now it gives me a backache to carry her back up. Maybe the floor will be easy again when she can walk. I don't want to change her on the couch/bed just to make sure she doesn't get pee/poo on it.

I've used the safety straps only once. She was wiggly earlier on but could be contained. Now she stays pretty still.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Lots of good info!! 

We're going to keep the changing pad. DH says even if I don't use it much he will use it every time because he's tall and can't imagine getting down on the floor. After all the responses, I'm thinking we'll have a cover on just when we have guests and want the nursery to look cute but most of the time no cover so it's easy to just wipe clean. 

When changing on the floor, I would be using a waterproof "travel" change pad. Just not a big cushy one with a cover. I don't want poo on the carpet :) We also have a pack n play with a changing station for when we're downstairs. I guess this is one of those things you can't really know for sure until the baby is here and you're in it. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"